DHL NHS Nights

So the agency I’m with has got me a block booking for next week with dhl-nhs on nights running out of Alfreton.
Does anybody know what the job down there entails?
Like what will I be carrying, what sort of places I’ll be going to and any other info would be appreciated.
Also, the last time I worked nights was about 17 years ago in a warehouse and I hated it. I just hardly slept when I got to bed each day. So any tips and advice on how to survive night shifts would be good.

Thanks…

Nights either suits you or it doesn’t. It takes some getting used to initially so you’ll just have to see how you go with it. Being NHS I imagine most of your work will be delivering to hospitals. They run wagon and drags mostly and maybe some class 2 trucks I guess but I’ve only mostly seen wagon and drags there. Can’t really help anymore than that. Only other thing for sleeping during the day black out curtain or blinds help and ear plugs for noise initially during the day.

Stoppages at night on moyorways adds to stress if you are not keen on nights .

I did a small spell at the Bury St Edmond depo (nights) in between getting my class 2 and 1, (so driving class 2).

its hospital drops, all in cages, drop the loaded and pick up the emptys. I was running into London most nights and then sometimes getting a 2nd run out in a different pre-loaded truck (closer to home). job was easy most of the time your just left to unload and don’t even have to talk to anyone. some have security that have to let you in.

anymore questions i will try to reply for you