Dhl m&s

Hi been offered a job on m&s dhl clothing contract anyone know if would be a good move £11.38 hour all way through weekends nights etc

david2867:
Hi been offered a job on m&s dhl clothing contract anyone know if would be a good move £11.38 hour all way through weekends nights etc

At Rochdale??

I did this job years ago, snap it up mate, it’s a doddle, decent kit and a decent subsidised canteen too.

It’s in Nottingham mate store deliveries heard some of stores really tight thought wage was low say weekends or night and no paid breaks but all kit brand new

david2867:
It’s in Nottingham mate store deliveries heard some of stores really tight thought wage was low say weekends or night and no paid breaks but all kit brand new

Can’t comment on the Nottingham.

Yes, some stores are tight, but you get used to them. Staff at stores were very good and helpful, as a rule, I took the clothes to the back / off the rails, they did the rest.

Rate is low for weekends, but high for weekdays. I don’t do nights, so can’t comment, but seems about the ball park for nights, personally I’d stick to days.

Not many places pay breaks these days mate, it’s one of those perks that’s disappearing, I’ve worked for ‘quite a few’ that did, but went back to 1 employer last year and no longer pay breaks :astonished:

Thanks for good advice mate

Its up to you but having worked there I’d not touch it again with a barge pole. To be fair I was at Castle Donnington. One of the first drivers at the new M&S RDC, we were told all sorts… “Highest paid drivers on M&S”, “be able to have lots of input on shaping the operation”, “new tractor units on order”, “no store deliveries just RDC trailer swaps”, “work the shifts we want”… All lies. I understand that all the drivers that started when I did have now left and the transport office and drivers have been kicked off site to Long Eaton. It suits some but not many. The store delivery work is mainly hanging garments and a few cages. Lots of unloading previous collections to make your second and third drop then have to reload it all again. Common injuries twisted backs and shoulders from getting the garments down from the rails.

Thanks mate totally agree packed in after 2 days

david2867:
Thanks mate totally agree packed in after 2 days

What happened? Did you get a 100 rails loose loading or summit :laughing:

Did the 2 days training think my head went when told how to push a cage and carry a box out of ten he set on 6 of us did not turn up

waynedl:

david2867:

Can’t comment on the Nottingham.

Yes, some stores are tight, but you get used to them. Staff at stores were very good and helpful, as a rule, I took the clothes to the back / off the rails, they did the rest.

Rate is low for weekends, but high for weekdays. I don’t do nights, so can’t comment, but seems about the ball park for nights, personally I’d stick to days.

Not many places pay breaks these days mate, it’s one of those perks that’s disappearing, I’ve worked for ‘quite a few’ that did, but went back to 1 employer last year and no longer pay breaks :astonished:

Enquired about a job the other week. £9 per hour and unpaid breaks for class 1 tramping. Needless to say the enquiring on my part ended at that point. I’d rather give up driving than work for such an insulting amount.

P.S nowhere can be worse than boots loading bays in Nottingham. Hate the place with a passion.

Too true

No overtime on the standard rate is bad BUT £11.38 at the weekends is like a kick in the ■■■■■■■■!

I did garments for DHL/sainsburys. It was easy work and you get nice shoulders from it :stuck_out_tongue:

If you get leftovers, stack them in a cage and hang them up on your last drop.

The hanging garment job is hard work, stripping dozens of rails of clothes and hanging them onto shop rails. I did a stint out of Tankersley (M1 J35a), and I have to say that it’s probably one of the most intense handball jobs I’ve done.