DHL / EXEL

We got told at our depot last week that there is to be no wage increase for the whole of uk/europe for the group,
now i know times are hard at the moment and alot of people are out of work and i am thankful for being in a job with the way things are
the reason for this post is not to pi55 and winge about it but to just see if any other DHL/EXEL workers who are members on here have been read the same memo as we have
as the managers at our depot said we could`nt see the memo ourselfs and could only have it read to us,
we have 6 wagons at our place and 4 managers :unamused: just got us all thinking would it be a cost saving at just our depot to keep there bonuses coming in at the end of the year.

Alarm Bells, why won’t they give you a copy of this memo? Any union representation within your workplace? Think your trousers are being pulled down on this one!

pete-b:
Alarm Bells, why won’t they give you a copy of this memo? Any union representation within your workplace? Think your trousers are being pulled down on this one!

I am going to ask for a copy from them in the morning and then run it by the union.

Does this have any relevance?

5 February 2009

DHL workers’ strike action reaps rewards
Transport workers employed by global delivery firm DHL Express in France have won a significant agreement following six days of strike action.

Some 200 workers, represented by the ITF-affiliated transport union CGT, walked out on strike on 29 January at DHL Express’s sorting facility in Gonesse, in the north-eastern suburbs of Paris. The dispute focused on pay discrepancies between employees.

However, following a meeting between management and the unions on Monday evening, an agreement was reached, providing workers with substantial gains. These include: an increase in the company pay scale with a minimum wage of 1400 euros at the time of recruitment over 13 months from 1 January 2009; a wage increase for 61 per cent of the lowest paid workers at the Gonesse site ranging from six per cent for workers such as forklift truck drivers and warehouse workers and five per cent for surpervisors and foremen to 9.2 per cent for administrative staff.

These benefits are set to be backdated to 1 January 2009. Similar agreements will be rolled out at sites where the biggest pay discrepancies have been identified from April 2009, and across all DHL sites in France in 2010 and 2011.

A union statement said: “CGT fought particularly to ensure that the financial impact on the wages of the strikers would be minimised; only one day will be deducted from February’s pay packet. The union CGT DHL Express congratulates strikers for their engagement, their solidarity and their extraordinary determination.”

I work for DHL freight on the Express contract, and we were told this two weeks ago. Like yourself just glad to be in a job. Talking to a few of the other drivers based at the hub (I’m outbased) and they were saying might be a pay freeze for a couple of yrs. We’ll have to wait and see.

no pay rise - grim news :confused:

ive got a feeling we wont get one either at my place - i hope im wrong :neutral_face:

his it true that some of the dhl/tradeteam depots are shutting i have been told of 2 that are i don’t want to say which ones just in case they are not :question:

working out of mossend & we’ve been told there’s nuffink in ol’ mother hubbards cupboard for us this year!! :frowning:

DHL/EXEL pay rises and bonus schemes. They have all been canx.No pay rise and no bonus pay outs.

In our local paper last night they announced that one of the 3 supply depots in Wellingborough for Homebase is to be closing, it’s run by DHL, loss of 116 jobs!!! They already closed one depot down.
This comes on top of 100 jobs lost at Wrekin Construction, 277 lost at Camden Group when they were taken over by Paragon Automotive.

It is a case of keep your head down and make hay while the sun shines I would think.

Very similar worded letter sent to us a few weeks ago.
No pay rise this year for DSV drivers.

Thanks for all your input on this chaps

All those on bonus schemes have received a letter saying that no bonus will be paid for 2008 and everyone from CEO down has a pay freeze for 2009.
Most people are realistic and understand that the main aim is to get through this downturn

Maybe this is all due to them cutting rates so tight to take jobs from other Companies in recent months… They got the work but now have to restrict
peoples incomes to make it work out.

Ducks coming home to roost springs to mind…

As usual the working guy ends up with the sticky end of the stick…
Nothing changes…

Know what you mean Joe.

Just reading “Ragged Trousered Philanthropist” for the second time and it seems like not much has changed in the last 100 years. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

tezza:
Know what you mean Joe.

Just reading “Ragged Trousered Philanthropist” for the second time and it seems like not much has changed in the last 100 years. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

“In politics, all abstract terms conceal treachery”. (p125)

I wonder if Jackie Smith et al read it?

To be fair in the current circumstances I’m happy that they haven’t told us we need to take a pay cut or that 1 in four of us will be out of a job. We have had a rise but at 0.9% it’s almost like a freeze.