DHL driver on m1 north yesterday!

If it was you driving a DHL truck on M1 northbound between j30&31. 0905 22.05.08

You are a first class ■■■■■■ !! The story…

Driving up the M1 at a steady 55mph minding my own business (in
quite a good mood considering i was working) come to a bit of a hill
DHL truck in front so indicated to overtake and was sat in lane 2 when
I noticed driver clock me in his mirror.(so far so good he knows im here)
I was sat at the back end of his trailer for a while in case he wanted to overtake as he seemed to be catching up with the driver in front of him,he never made any move/indication he wanted to overtake so i carried on about my business.
Im now nearly level with the headboard of his trailer and he decides to indicate to overtake and im thinking sorry mate you seen me here im gonna carry on now.
At this point he decides to pull out into lane 2 so i sat my ground and blasted the horn as he had pushed my mirrors in. I couldn`t go to lane 3 (illegal and other vehicles there)and he had to move back in giving me the one finger salute as he pulled back in. Im thinking then ok its my fault is it??

These trucks dont have any contact numbers on them :angry: so i had to think
if i should report it to the police or not ! I decided not as they dont do sod all about it!!
This incident makes me wonder if some of these side swipes that occur are
‘accidents’ or just a case of i’m bigger than you and you will move!!

Just for the record i always let artics pull out to overtake, if i have just started to overtake i will even pull back to let them out.

I know we cant post reg. numbers on here and i wouldn`t but the only other id on the said truck was DHL051CS.

if anyone knows where this trailer number comes from i wouldnt mind knowing which depot its from. or a DHL contact number would be helpful for the area. If you are able to help with any info you can pm details to me

Olz

DHL seems to be mainly staffed by drivers nobody else will take on. I’ve got sick to death of the moronic sights I’ve seen these yellow perils getting up to.

I’ve got to the point where I will no longer pull into L2 when I see a DHL lorry coming down the sliproad because of the amount of times they’ve left me hanging out in L2 and I’ve ended up having to back off and drop in behind them when it’s obvious they intend perpetuating this until they get off the motorway.

Phone the Police. Perhaps when there’s enough complaints against them, the TCs will cut back their O licences.

The trailers get dropped and swapped for loaded ones at different depots…so it probably won’t have it’s own depot. Only way to trace the said vehicle is via it’s reg…I take it you got this?

xjrv8:
The trailers get dropped and swapped for loaded ones at different depots…so it probably won’t have it’s own depot. Only way to trace the said vehicle is via it’s reg…I take it you got this?

yeah i got the reg ok, i had to pull over onto hard shoulder
to fix my mirrors so got photo and all the details.

olz69:
If it was you driving a DHL truck on M1 northbound between j30&31. 0905 22.05.08

You are a first class ■■■■■■ !! The story…

Driving up the M1 at a steady 55mph minding my own business (in
quite a good mood considering i was working) come to a bit of a hill
DHL truck in front so indicated to overtake and was sat in lane 2 when
I noticed driver clock me in his mirror.(so far so good he knows im here)
I was sat at the back end of his trailer for a while in case he wanted to overtake as he seemed to be catching up with him,he never made any move/indication he wanted to overtake so i carried on about my business.
Im now nearly level with the headboard of his trailer and he decides to indicate to overtake and im thinking sorry mate you seen me here im gonna carry on now.
At this point he decides to pull out into lane 2 so i sat my ground and blasted the horn as he had pushed my mirrors in. I couldn`t go to lane 3 (illegal and other vehicles there)and he had to move back in giving me the one finger salute as he pulled back in. Im thinking then ok its my fault is it??

These trucks dont have any contact numbers on them :angry: so i had to think
if i should report it to the police or not ! I decided not as they dont do sod all about it!!
This incident makes me wonder if some of these side swipes that occur are
‘accidents’ or just a case of i’m bigger than you and you will move!!

Just for the record i always let artics pull out to overtake, if i have just started to overtake i will even pull back to let them out.

I know we cant post reg. numbers on here and i wouldn`t but the only other id on the said truck was DHL051CS.

if anyone knows where this trailer number comes from i wouldnt mind knowing which depot its from. or a DHL contact number would be helpful for the area. If you are able to help with any info you can pm details to me

Olz

What I don’t get about people like you is why do you feel the need to type up a full report and express a level of concern about the conduct of other drivers while at the same time looking for some kind of pat on the back from others…

If you were that concerened then you have vehicle markings a regisration i guess and internet …so do your homework and shop him or her…BUT i AM A BIG believer in there are two sides to every story and that is why i opose this kind of post.

thecoder0
I was waiting for a response like your`s and that tells me you are/were one of these ‘Billy big wheels’ im bigger than you drivers… sorry officer he was in my blind spot.
yeah right!!! btw thecoder0, what is this forum for■■?

olz69:
thecoder0
I was waiting for a response like your`s and that tells me you are/were one of these ‘Billy big wheels’ im bigger than you drivers… sorry officer he was in my blind spot.

1. This site is for members to express views and opinions (which I have)
  2. (‘Billy big wheels’ im bigger than you drivers… sorry officer he was in my blind spot.) You have not ever met me or have any idea of my driving capabilties or experience so the above is just imature crap
    3.Again two sides to every story and the only one able to put theirs is you.

By the way lets get one thing straight I am not condoning that type of driving.

No doubt the DHL driver will also be putting HIS side to anyone within earshot in every cafe and queue for the next 6 months, as of course, it wasn’t his fault :unamused: :unamused:

I have opinions too :smiley:

Pat

olz69:
thecoder0

Don;t think the site is to primary discuss bad driving on the UK roads because if it was would quickly run outta bandwidth.

I see stupid stuff every single day out on the road, if i am sure most people are the same, if everyone wrote a report about it would be a really boring web site.

DHL are a big company and no doubt employ lots of temp staff as well. To judge every DHL driver by the actions of a few isn’t really fair.

Would be a different matter if DHL only had 5 trucks and they were always causing havoc.

If you feel so strongly contact them and follow it through.

DHL Express (UK) welcomes your comments on any aspect of our service or this web site.

To send comments to DHL in other countries, please use the General Contact Form.

DHL Express
178-188 Great South West Road
Hounslow
Middlesex
Customer Services

http://apps.dhl.co.uk/cgi-bin/comments/comments.cgi

I work for DHL on a multi centre contract but drive the clients, liveried vehicles. While your description of the driving might be a cause for concern there are 2 sides to the story and if yours is contadicted by the driver you encountered who are we to believe?

I found this in less than 30 seconds with Google so think the motive for your post is questionable.

dhl.co.uk/publish/gb/en/web/ … .high.html

Go ahead Make his day! :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:

Rob K:

:laughing:

Very good Rob. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad to see you’ve not lost your sense of humour.

Ken.

We have a DHL depot next door to us in Aylesford…

Dont have any aggro with the artic drivers, but the vannies…

Many a time we have complained about thier standard of driving, wont be long before of em gets lumped.

For the contact details of DHL, TRY HERE

olz69
I have been there on both sides,
Stuck in inside lane, three trucks passing about 20ft gab between each of them. They’re still passing (speed limiter ■■■■ and all that) we’re approaching Knutsford services.
Coming out of the exit lane from said services is a camper van doing about 20 mph. I can see he is gonna pull in front of me so I stick my indicator on, the truck approaching in next lane is third in line of trucks passing. He could have eased off and let me me in but, “oh no, I’m goin’ for it sucker and stay where you are!”
So I did,‘cos I knew the inconsiderate (ZB) was comin’ through!
I gestured to him that I was now stuck behind the camper van! (Not obscene at this moment) But you’ve seen me indicating for the past eighth mile and yet you come piling through??!! So he gives me the fingers and I give him some back.
I’m still waiting for him to pass which he doesn’t. This a is a nob head in so much of a hurry he can’t let me overtake the camper van but has now slowed down to about 30mph because I am still stuck behind it (and it is accelerating away at pace). Gone.
But now I am switching gears and building speed with this nob head still along side tooting his horn and trying to intimidate me by swerving towards me.
I gestured to him, backwards toward tank trailer I was pulling flammable!!!
I don’t know what he thought that meant but he swung the back part of the trailer at me and I had to go onto the hard shoulder to avoid a nasty collision and save my life!!
So I pulls on to the hard shoulder just to avoid any situation.
He pulls on 100 yards in front.
Don’t forget this is the dumbo who was in sooooo much of a hurry he couldn’t let me pull in front of him!
I gets out, he gets out. He’s about to open his trap and BANG he’s on the floor and I’ve volleyed his head up against the back wheels of his trailer. Sounded Irish to me but then we know those jokes don’t we?!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Anyway I (zb) off before anyone of authority turned up for obvious reasons, :wink: :laughing:

Other occasions I’ve been reading the road. I can see that truck in nearside lane is approaching vehicle in front and needs to pull out, so have give them a flash. (No not my ■■■■). But no response. So I hang back a bit longer and flash again. Still nothing.

So you progress on. When you’re level with the side of their cab they indicate. :question: :unamused: :imp: Tuff ■■■■ mate it ain’t happening, I give you ample time to maneuver and you didn’t!!

And… another war breaks out…bring it on; I love 'em :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Even if I broke my hand on some [ZB]s head. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Language edit :unamused: mm

Oh how very macho.

I bet you don’t sit down to ■■■■, do you ?

■■■■ :unamused:

robB39:
olz69
I have been there on both sides,
Stuck in inside lane, three trucks passing about 20ft gab between each of them. They’re still passing (speed limiter [zb] and all that) we’re approaching Knutsford services.
Coming out of the exit lane from said services is a camper van doing about 20 mph. I can see he is gonna pull in front of me so I stick my indicator on, the truck approaching in next lane is third in line of trucks passing. He could have eased off and let me me in but, “oh no, I’m goin’ for it sucker and stay where you are!”
So I did,‘cos I knew the inconsiderate (ZB) was comin’ through!
I gestured to him that I was now stuck behind the camper van! (Not obscene at this moment) But you’ve seen me indicating for the past eighth mile and yet you come piling through??!! So he gives me the fingers and I give him some back.
I’m still waiting for him to pass which he doesn’t. This a is a nob head in so much of a hurry he can’t let me overtake the camper van but has now slowed down to about 30mph because I am still stuck behind it (and it is accelerating away at pace). Gone.
But now I am switching gears and building speed with this nob head still along side tooting his horn and trying to intimidate me by swerving towards me.
I gestured to him, backwards toward tank trailer I was pulling flammable!!!
I don’t know what he thought that meant but he swung the back part of the trailer at me and I had to go onto the hard shoulder to avoid a nasty collision and save my life!!
So I pulls on to the hard shoulder just to avoid any situation.
He pulls on 100 yards in front.
Don’t forget this is the dumbo who was in sooooo much of a hurry he couldn’t let me pull in front of him!
I gets out, he gets out. He’s about to open his trap and BANG he’s on the floor and I’ve volleyed his head up against the back wheels of his trailer.

image removed - if you wrote what was in the picture the word censor would zb it !!!..Denis F

He put one finger you should have put just put two up and took your time overtaking him.

Oh dear here we go again :cry: :cry:

If it upset you that much a change of career might be needed… :wink: