DHL Containers

I would be very grateful if anybody who has experience of pulling containers for DHL would impart the good and bad points of working for them on a sub-contract basis.

only know from speakin to the od’s (i used to work for them)

well depending on where you will be based they tend to give you the crappy runs with not much mileage or they will give you the mega runs and near impossible deadlines the best thing is to do a couple of monthes for them and see what you end up with
:confused:

Anyone got any experiance of pulling containers out of the DIRFT? Rates etc.

My last project was based in the office next door and there were plenty of wagons in and out, not many liveries in DHL Exel either.

Gentlemen

Thank you very much for your replies. At least neither of you said “NO!!!”.

I’ll give it a whirl and report back.

its been 5 month how u getting on ?

We’re getting on OK.

Been with DHL since beginning of August. It’s had its ups and downs, but we’re starting to get things together now.

Running one double-shifted truck doing drop and drive from So’ton.

Second one coming along very shortly; which too will be double-shifted. I guess this means I’m either doing something reasonably right, or am completely barking!

Good people at DHL who will help those that want to work. They have plenty of work and pay-up bang on time. Can’t fault that!

Its a sign of the times (or the company) when you have to double shift a truck to make money. .

Would it make money without 2 drivers?
How often to you get it serviced?

How to make a small fortune - start with a large one and go and work for DHL :laughing:

Don’t listen to me I ran trucks for DHL with one driver (100% legal) and lost £4k in less than a year. . :exclamation: