DFDS Rick Bestwick Holmewood General info please

Hi, has anyone got any info as what they are like to work for, wages and also what shifts they offer, ie Mon Fri or weekends or 4 on 4 off. Good bad or plain ugly. Thanks

topdog1606:
Hi, has anyone got any info as what they are like to work for, wages and also what shifts they offer, ie Mon Fri or weekends or 4 on 4 off. Good bad or plain ugly. Thanks

Done a fair bit of fridge work for Rick Bestwick at their store, I don’t think many of the drivers had a good word working for them. Not sure about the wages but I cannot see it as been good.

I’m going back 10 yrs + maybe but my mate went to work for them , seen him key foods ( think that was the name at scunny , he was bragging about the wages , but for the life of me I can’t remember rate , but I guess it wouldn’t help as it was r/b wages mots dfds wages
We did work for them at busy periods , xmas and I found folks at home wood ok , don’t know about now but kit was nice when it was r/b .
Think they did a fair bit of shunting loads from was it malt on bacon - key foods Scunthorpe ,

dozy:
I’m going back 10 yrs + maybe but my mate went to work for them , seen him key foods ( think that was the name at scunny , he was bragging about the wages , but for the life of me I can’t remember rate , but I guess it wouldn’t help as it was r/b wages mots dfds wages
We did work for them at busy periods , xmas and I found folks at home wood ok , don’t know about now but kit was nice when it was r/b .
Think they did a fair bit of shunting loads from was it malt on bacon - key foods Scunthorpe ,

They did Bacon from Malton, they took the contract from ABP by building their own store which laid a lot of men off from the ABP cold store that Cranswick rent off them now. Think they still do the bacon logs and Malton do the cutting. I was actually one of the engineers that devised the optimum cutting temperature that the bacon had to be frozen to, so that the knives would cut it without damage. That sounds much more simple than it actually was.

Bloody hell uk I’m suprised I didn’t see you there as I was always in there at one time , but I must say the temps of the bacon was always spot on , never had a bad load :wink: , I’m sure I also took frozen loads from there to George dock ( or some dock ) at hull , again temps spot on so I guess you had input into there as well :question: .
I thought Dennis distribution did a lot out of malton or they were always there a lot

dozy:
Bloody hell uk I’m suprised I didn’t see you there as I was always in there at one time , but I must say the temps of the bacon was always spot on , never had a bad load :wink: , I’m sure I also took frozen loads from there to George dock ( or some dock ) at hull , again temps spot on so I guess you had input into there as well :question: .
I thought Dennis distribution did a lot out of malton or they were always there a lot

Yes it was ABP coldstore on King George dock the old Nippress temp controlled solutions gaff. I had the contract there and was always running between Malton and King Geoge dock. The temps of the bacon to be sliced was -10 but with a -45 6 hr freeze on top.