DFDS Holmewood

Any worked here please?

Let’s have the dirt and good points please.

I have been offered an interview for a 4 on 4 off night shift and would like some background knowledge

Cheers

Can’t help. But you’ve got an interview, so write down everything you want to ask
EG, Hourly rate,overtime,nights out, holidays, sick pay, days off for Dr’s appt’s, etc.

Not worked there, but delivered to it quite a few times. Always seems well organised, decent motors etc it’s Rick bestwick/DFDS there is a few cold storage logistics companies around there who work along side them and the drivers I’ve spoken too always seem happy enough.

Not sure about the shifts or pay etc

Good luck with the interview !

Knew a couple of people who went from here (on agency) to there talking about how good it was according to the interview. Both reappeared within a month muttering.

Think it helps hugely if you can speaks Polski from what one of them said (he was Romanian) and the short decent hours turned into 15 hour days.

Probably better pay than some of the others around there. CS2 are a decent lot assumung they’ve not changed management but pay is very low (advertised below £10 for C1 nights last I heard).

Main advantage os Rick Bestwick let you sit on the cab while loading.

trevHCS:
Knew a couple of people who went from here (on agency) to there talking about how good it was according to the interview. Both reappeared within a month muttering.

Think it helps hugely if you can speaks Polski from what one of them said (he was Romanian) and the short decent hours turned into 15 hour days.

Probably better pay than some of the others around there. CS2 are a decent lot assumung they’ve not changed management but pay is very low (advertised below £10 for C1 nights last I heard).

Main advantage os Rick Bestwick let you sit on the cab while loading.

I’ve been for the interview and its £10.40 ph and they state they guarantee 10 hours a day but more likely is I would do 14-15 hours a day!

It was not for me…was in and out in 10 mins :laughing:

I have applied for a position in the last company I know around my area as they are advertising…Great Bear at Markham Vale…I may as well try em all :laughing: