DFDS Belfast subbie rates

Does anyone know what dfds in belfast pay there subbies doing uk work,

I heard it was per mile and others said it was per load,

I think it’s per load but not 100% sure. Ring them up when I was in their office yesterday they had a big poster up about sub contractors wanted :smiley:

I wouldn’t waste my breath on the phone call.

V8-Chris:
Does anyone know what dfds in belfast pay there subbies doing uk work,

I heard it was per mile and others said it was per load,[/quote

fridge work is paid by the mile.
best to ring office up to email you details and what your wanting to do.

Think you may find that 117 pence per mile might not be to far of the mark

That can’t leave much for the haulier if he runs several lorries, I worked to a haulier doing DFDS work fridge and dry loads and I was getting 50p a mile from him,

V8-Chris:
That can’t leave much for the haulier if he runs several lorries, I worked to a haulier doing DFDS work fridge and dry loads and I was getting £1 a mile from him,

certainly not a way to get rich especially with their great planning and timings

V8-Chris:
That can’t leave much for the haulier if he runs several lorries, I worked to a haulier doing DFDS work fridge and dry loads and I was getting £1 a mile from him,

Were you subbing for him in your own lorry if not that is a cracking rate of pay £56 per hour on any motorway :smiley:

Here’s there website Chris dfdslogistics.com/Logistics_Ireland/ if your looking for a job in the north you could try Sawyer transport heard they don’t pay bad but could be wrong

No it was his lorry, i wasn’t pushing to hard, doing about 450 mile a week, so £450 in my hand, and he only had about 6 lorries max on the road all in DFDS, tho as you say, there planning at times leaves alot to be desired :unamused: ive seen me sitting for 3hrs waiting on a ref number just to tip or lift a load.

ive been offered work with one smaller company doing dfds work, has about 30 lorries on the road, have done some work in past for them but pay isn’t great.

V8-Chris:

So when you sit in Tesco Boucher Rd for a few hrs you earn about 8quid!!!1

The way it worked when i was doing it that way was… if you were sitting still you wernt making a penny

V8-Chris:
The way it worked when i was doing it that way was… if you were sitting still you wernt making a penny

How long ago was that

that was this time last year, spent a few months with him, good job, took some time off then for family reasons, then done a bit with another crowd for dfds,

V8-Chris:

Did the DFDS planners ever send you up to Tesco with more than the single load during the same shift?
Not much dough earned that day, hardly into double figures!!! :blush:

Where you on with JFM/ BMcC or Dessie Hornsby?

See Dugan Transport has seen the light ref the DISMAL DFDS rates and yokes are on Donedeal!!! :neutral_face:

There’s a lot of nutters fannying around for rubbish money.

I was with jim cubitt at the time, never done any loads on this side, always england and wales,

V8-Chris:
I was with jim cubitt at the time, never done any loads on this side, always england and wales,

Not being funny if you were doing English work how did you only manage 450 miles a week??, 2 trips too Carlisle is 450 miles or thereabouts

It was mainly runs from stena birkenhead to birmingham, scunthorpe, staveley etc, problem was you spent so long waiting for loads or ref numbers etc, wasted alot of time that way, i never went higher than heysham nor lower than london,
Plus i didnt like to stress myself to much :smiley: