Details about Covin-19 test for Dover

For those intending to travel, Dover - France

Further info:
gov.uk/government/news/covi … eurotunnel

This what they would like to happen… But in reality you can test in Dover. Takes approx 50 minutes.

ZipTransport:
This what they would like to happen… But in reality you can test in Dover. Takes approx 50 minutes.

That’s really helpful. What’s not to like about the idea of jamming up Dover with those who think their ■■■■■■■■ points in a different direction to everybody else’s so they’ve a God given right to be first?

Eddie is…

The first one through.

That confirms it, we’re doomed. :smiley:

msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/f … d=msedgntp

The first lorry has gone through controls at the Eurotunnel as it heads back to Europe, following the UK’s historic departure from the single market.

I have hopefully corrected the sentence for the journalist.

What kit are they using in Manston? Is it the swab and test solution? What paperwork do they give you to prove you are negative?

I have zero medical training therefore I’m curious as to how lorry drivers travelling to France can be tested and receive results within the hour yet other people have to wait two to three days for their results. I imagine that it’s a different test but I’m confused by that. Perhaps someone has some insight?

the maoster:
I have zero medical training therefore I’m curious as to how lorry drivers travelling to France can be tested and receive results within the hour yet other people have to wait two to three days for their results. I imagine that it’s a different test but I’m confused by that. Perhaps someone has some insight?

There are different tests being used as you correctly surmise.
The quicker one is less accurate, as you might also have thought.

Want links and more detail?
news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- … s-12068081
Explains the different types.

Directed by the government website to the wrong postcode: so Gove, de Pfeffel, Patel, Schapps, which one is responsible or is it the usual pass the can?

They meet head on here ffs.

google.com/maps/@51.1205343 … 312!8i6656

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -park.html

cav551:
Directed by the government website to the wrong postcode: so Gove, de Pfeffel, Patel, Schapps, which one is responsible or is it the usual pass the can?

They meet head on here ffs.

google.com/maps/@51.1205343 … 312!8i6656

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -park.html

While it is a ■■■■ up giving the wrong postcode, says as much about the drivers who just blindly put a postcode in their satnav and follow it. Whenever going somewhere new common sense says to cross reference it with google maps or even a paper map :open_mouth: especially when in foreign country not exactly rocket science :smiley:

Mazzer2:
While it is a ■■■■ up giving the wrong postcode, says as much about the drivers who just blindly put a postcode in their satnav and follow it. Whenever going somewhere new common sense says to cross reference it with google maps or even a paper map :open_mouth: especially when in foreign country not exactly rocket science :smiley:

Ding ding ding…

We have a winner!

Input postcode into Google maps, use satellite mode, confirm destination and engage D.

Of course, in the old days, I’d have found it without all that malarkey as would the other more ‘seasoned’ drivers here.

Of course most drivers would try to cross reference postcode with map and Google etc.
Most Gov employees would try to check their info was correct before publishing it too.
As some drivers aren’t perfect, neither are some clerks etc.

Having said that, it is widely known that new truck parkland COVID facilities are being built, so seeing green fields might be a warning but not a red light.

our store in Selsey was just a dot in the middle of a grass field until about 3 months ago, it actually opened in 2017 :laughing: