Destination Doha: I'm new to this!

Hi all, I’ve been watching this recently for the first time, I only became aware of this a few years ago and I really enjoyed watching it (I’m not connected to the industry in any way just an enthusiast).
I know it was made some time ago and this has probably been asked loads of times, but what are the drivers up to these days? I really need to get hold of ash’s book now! Which will no doubt answer lots of my questions, it looks superb!. I’ve become fascinated with the middle east scene now, was the 1 series scania the best truck for the job? It seemed to be perfect for the role with that big comfy cab and those motors sound great too! Thanks for Reading, harryvr6.

I’m just started a book now leant to me by my mate called ‘The Long Haul Pioneers’ by Ashley Coghill who was one of the main protagonists.
What amazes me as much as anything is that they wasn’t drivers but fancied giving it a crack just to see!

Loads more info here:

Hi Harryvr6.Get Ash’s book.While your waiting for it read through the Astran\Me,Simons,Lawrence Kiely threads.They are all aladdins caves of wonderful stories,anechdotes,moans and complaints and info.All worth a read.Mike

ShropsBri:
I’m just started a book now leant to me by my mate called ‘The Long Haul Pioneers’ by Ashley Coghill who was one of the main protagonists.

What amazes me as much as anything is that they wasn’t drivers but fancied giving it a crack just to see!

:neutral_face: :confused:
Ill wager Dave Poulton,Frank Hook and John Williams were experienced “drivers” before they joined Asian.
Not sure about ■■■■ Rivers,think he starred in a couple of b movies driving a Marathon?

Suedehead:

ShropsBri:

:neutral_face: :confused:
Ill wager Dave Poulton,Frank Hook and John Williams were experienced “drivers” before they joined Asian.
Not sure about ■■■■ Rivers,think he starred in a couple of b movies driving a Marathon?

■■■■ Rivers was the Leyland test driver the Marathon didn’t belong to Astran it was loaned for the filming so there would be a British motor on show