Destination Doha,again

had a mail this evening from a guy who is thinking about making a documentary about the ,"Golden age " of trucking and wants to know if it’s possible to contact any of the stars,or extras,from the original “Destination Doha”
Does anyone know if there are any of said persons still about.It’s for sure that several have gone off to the big truck park in the sky,but there may be the odd body who we saw in the movie that’s still about.
I did mention that when I attended the Stoke reunion a couple of months ago,the lads who I knew in their 20’s and 30’s are now very grey haired,some with hearing aids and some on sticks.
30 years ago,we thought we were going to live forever,look at us now.

I’m sure i read somewhere," possibly on here " quite recently ,that Dave Poulton, the scania 140 driver in ’ Destination Doha’ was doing night trunking, someone must know his whereabouts ?
Frank Hook was only young in the film, but did’nt he pack the job in straight after the film ? One of the lads who got out of the Chapman & Ball fiat also had youth on his side
■■■■ Rivers would be knocking on a bit now,’ if he’s still with us ?

I have read on some forums that John Williams is no longer with us. Not sure about the rest though.

killsville:
I have read on some forums that John Williams is no longer with us. Not sure about the rest though.

You can do a search on here also to find out about John. You can also do a search on Dreva and read all about John Williams and many others in his long distance diaries :wink:

i think reading on here that dave poulton was on nights for tesco but is still in touch with astran as he copies the dvd for them, and frank hook works with someone on here… im not sure but it might be harry monk.

il try and do some reasearch.

here we go i thought so…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ook#192535

thanks to my good friend the search button in between chat and memberlist.

it took 8 mins.