Desicions desicions

So last week I was offered a full time position at turners of Soham. I’ve been for another interview and assessment this morning and got a call back from the employer offering me a job too.

I’m lent more toward today’s employer on the basis of they said they will let me shadow a driver to get the gist of things working hours, tacho use and general driving.

Turners wanted me to start on a night shift by my self. I am more than confident in driving a hgv, but just haven’t got the knowledge of everything else that comes with it.

Either way my notice got handed in at work on Tuesday. They want me to work 4 weeks of it which is abit poop but I will respect there proposal.

Brighter days are on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think if it were my first driving job I’d probably lean towards the one that offered me more initial hand holding to.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

^^^^^ +1

I agree. Or go back to the first one and say that you’d like to join them but explain your reservations. They may well “hand hold” for a couple of shifts. But if they don’t know that’s what you want, they wont offer it.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
I agree. Or go back to the first one and say that you’d like to join them but explain your reservations. They may well “hand hold” for a couple of shifts. But if they don’t know that’s what you want, they wont offer it.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

This is good advice. I am a new pass and start for Turners next month. First 2 weeks planned with another driver. Though will be reduced if we are both happy I’m ok. Admittedly I will be on days but the worst they will say is no

I totally agree with above replies. I have been driving on my own for three weeks now. It’s been a steep learning curve. I had a weeks on the job training with another driver first and have to say that it was invaluable. I learned a lot in that week. You find yourself in so many situations that you won’t have come across during your learning. It’s not just about the driving, there’s the tacho and also possibly more importantly loading the vehicle. Every day I continue to come across new challenges, but continue to overcome them and grow as a driver.

Yeah the problem was it was to cover holidays at turners, although it was a full time position, he said that he could do with me going out monday-Wednesday with another driver but I carnt finish my notice any earlier that the 3rd August and the required holiday cover started on the 28th.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk