Derek Linch Haulage

With the recent sad news of the demise of Derek Linch Haulage I thought I would start this thread so people could post pics and memories here.

I never worked for them but they were a well known firm in east Kent and had a reputation for being the straightest firm you could work for, and a difficult firm to get on for unless you were from the marsh.

I’ll just kick off with a pic I took from their own site before it disappears, I’m sure they won’t mind.

So long, Derek Linch Haulage, I’ve seen you guys on the roads for as long as I’ve been doing the job, 25 years, sad that I’ll never see the instantly recognisable red & whites again.

And here is how it began!

and ended.

Spent my birthday one year with a Linch driver in Belgium!
The yoghurt factory we were supposed to be loading at ruined the entire days output so had to wait for them to remake 3 trailer loads of yoghurt for the UK. Remember being stuck there with one of Derek Linch’s guys (may have been called Andy) on for Heritage, and an OD from Deal (the name Sam rings a bell for some reason) pulling for Ocean Trailers who had a dark green LHD FH limited edition.
We all had plenty of beers that day and some good grub in the local chip shack!

Often used to run with Andy (if i remembered his name right) when I worked for Neville, and all in all always had a good crack with any of the Derek Linch lads pulling for Heritage.

A crying shame to think they are no more.

Will miss seeing there trucks around,always looked smart,be sadly missed :wink:

MOC:

As newmercman pointed out on another thread, without all the blingy lamps, bars and supersingles on the steer axle, this traditional haulier may have been able to save a few pennies on fuel :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

MOC:

As newmercman pointed out on another thread, without all the blingy lamps, bars and supersingles on the steer axle, this traditional haulier may have been able to save a few pennies on fuel :laughing:

Think it would have needed a bit more than a few penny’s :wink:

Wheel Nut:

Derek Linch himself ran a well turned-out fleet but most of the trucks didn’t lamps and lightbars, it was simply the kind of firm where if a driver was interested in this type of thing, he would be allowed to indulge it.

got the truck mag with the 1635 rigid ithink it was will find it and post it up pic mr lynch himself :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: