Derek cooper transport

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has any photos of any Derek cooper transport trucks from over the years?

Cheers

Is this the company you are looking for (photos off Bob Hobbs site www,transportphotos.com )
CZC00048-36.jpg
CZC00064-21.jpg
JLC00243-26.jpg

Yes, that’s the one :slight_smile:

Any more photos? I have never seen the Volvo one before.

Some that I have…
(these have already been posted on the “Scrapbook Memories” page) Will they do?

cooper f10.png

cooper f86.jpg

cooper xf.png

cooper f86 tipper.jpg

cooper f7.jpg

cooper f7 flat.jpg

cooper cf.jpg

cooper cargo.jpg

cooper blue f7.jpg

They are great :slight_smile:

I never knew they had different liveries for different depots. Am very pleased with them photos. Thank you :slight_smile:

ajames10:
They are great :slight_smile:

I never knew they had different liveries for different depots. Am very pleased with them photos. Thank you :slight_smile:

I dont think it was so much different liveries for different depots, more over writing liveries of firms that they brought out, as and when truck were replaced they tended to be white and red.

I worked as a subby to them, for 4-5 years. the boss said they were dead reliable payers, and the old man Coopers word was his bond, a business practise sadly lacking now. Once and only once the boss didnt get his money paid into the bank on the 20th of the month the usual day, he left it another day, then rang to find out what was going on, they were mortified, and someone was dispatched to the local branch off the boss’s bank that afternoon and paid the invoioce in cash over the counter into my boss’s account, thats service, mistakes happen, its how you deal with them that makes the difference :wink:

We only finnished when Mathews brought the Norwich depot out. :unamused:

What was the pay like? Can you remember?

ajames10:
What was the pay like? Can you remember?

I worked as a subby, I dont know what their own drivers were paid :wink:

I worked for coopers out of red lodge depot doing tilt work in about 1996 for about a year we were % paid but i can not remember what the % was.I left to do tilt work for another firm were again i was % paid but the % was a bit higher and the lorry was newer and bigger I had a fl 10 at coopers and was out 4 to 5 nights a week and moved to a daf 95 which was a lot better as you could chuck all your gear on the top bunk and sleep on the bottom having said that mr cooper was a really nice man and as said before his word was his bond and the transport manager at red lodge at the time was a man called graham and his nickname was bougey he was another top bloke to sum it up the money was average the motors were fleet spec a great bunch of lads to work with and decent people in charge

The F86 was based at Blofield at one time, a bit unusual to see this combination on tipper work. I think I got the photo at a steam fair several years ago along with some that have already been posted on this thread. The FL10 with the flat trailer was also a bit of an unusual sight and was taken by me at the Red Lodge cafe. The load probably could be out of Norwich Corrugated Board. Bit of an amateur photo but better than nothing I suppose. Regards to all Haddy Gt.Yarmouth.

IMG_0010 (2).jpg

CZC00056-07.jpg