Dental Hygienists

Went for a normal dental checkup at local new NHS practice today. Dentist said “no problems…doing well…shame not everyone had such good teeth…” etc etc. Then at the end said “I’ll make you an appointment to see the hygienist, only £45”.
I left my last dentist because they said how good my teeth were before trying to sell me this treatment and that, now the NHS are doing it. Has anyone seen one of these hygienists? It sounds like a money maker, expected to fork out for this and take a days’ holiday just for someone to clean my teeth for Christs sake.

Muckaway:
Went for a normal dental checkup at local new NHS practice today. Dentist said “no problems…doing well…shame not everyone had such good teeth…” etc etc. Then at the end said “I’ll make you an appointment to see the hygienist, only £45”.
I left my last dentist because they said how good my teeth were before trying to sell me this treatment and that, now the NHS are doing it. Has anyone seen one of these hygienists? It sounds like a money maker, expected to fork out for this and take a days’ holiday just for someone to clean my teeth for Christs sake.

Be cheaper to buy and eat an apple Nathan. :laughing:

A new dentist started at my local practice,got the bull see the hygenist.Never again I knew the stuff that she told me at 7 years of age.

Had a hygienist visit a few days ago.
Gets rid of all the tartar build up from in-between teeth and hard to reach places.
Not really worth the cost though.

It does make your teeth look a lot better, whether it’s worth £45 is a moot point, I stopped having it done when the last one spent 20 minutes lecturing me about how I should stop smoking and I thought “I’m not paying to be nannied about my lifestyle choices by someone young enough to be my daughter”

Well went to the dentist earlier (why do they think we can all go in our lunch breaks though?) and got the same “great teeth, no problems, make an appointment for the hygienist (again).”
Not just that, was told “Denplan would be something to consider…” Why when the NHS charge £18 would I want to pay more? ■■■■■■ me off the NHS trying to sell you stuff. :imp:
Bloody fit dental nurse/box ticker though. Dark brown hair, 5’8ish, tanned complexion, about 19 years old…awesome ■■■■. :smiley:

My last hygienist encounter cost me about £28 if memory serves - thatd be under a year ago, so £45 sounds well OTT. Thats probably about £2 a minute! :confused:

Anybody else feel that the hygienist treatment bloody hurts? Or is it just me and my crap teeth?

Muckaway:
Not just that, was told “Denplan would be something to consider…”

Think I got a fiver on him in the National.