Dennison truck (Request)

Hi all

I know Dennison (trailer people) made a truck some time back. I wanted to ask has anyone got any pics of them, and does anyone know about any still around.

Cheers

Andy

Geezah:
Hi all

I know Dennison (trailer people) made a truck some time back. I wanted to ask has anyone got any pics of them, and does anyone know about any still around.

Cheers

Andy

I took this photo at Dennison’s Lancaster factory in December 2004:

You can find some more here: ccmv.fotopic.net/c861317.html

Mcgovern the London based waste haulier ran an eight wheeler dennison in the 80s there is a picture of it in a book called from dawn to dust a history of londons waste hauliers will try to scan and post it.

the member hh on here used to have one,not sure of any photos except one he put on with people in front of it.
if you look him up in the members list there is a link to his photos,not sure how often he comes on here.

not the best pic. only one i have
it was loaded with frozen beef from ireland to malta.

265 HP.Rolls Royce engine, fuller gearbox,eaton axle.

Here’s one I took a pic of at Great Dorset Steam Fair - click the link below the pic for more pictures of mine

Imgur

I remember seeing the Dennisons, but were they cheap to buy? They certainly looked cheap although the guts, engines, gearboxes etc., were all top notch.
What were they like to drive?

My old man thinks there’s one as a shunnter in Dennison’s Naas factory in Ireland. But he could be mistaken!

There are two in Car Collections yard in Chester

Certainly one of the most interesting, if short lived trucks to be produced. The idea was to use a tried and tested driveline in a simple, easy to maintain vehicle. The SISU cab was functional with no frills. The slim windscreen pillars and good area of glass gave good visibility. I remember a number of 6 & 8 wheeler tippers around Chester when I lived there back in the early 80’s :sunglasses:

Geezah:
Hi all

Cheers

Andy

i’m sure Tyson H Burridge ran one and it featured in either Truck and Driver or Trucking International quite a few years ago

ASDADRIVER:
i’m sure Tyson H Burridge ran one and it featured in either Truck and Driver or Trucking International quite a few years ago

Hi there asdadriver
try this
ccmv.fotopic.net/p59180166.html

Ray