Dennis Walling R.I.P

I am sorry to announce the sudden death of Dennis Walling at his home on Sunday 22nd November 2015.
Dennis worked in the haulage business for many years, both on general haulage and heavy haulage.
He first worked as a tipper driver for A.Parker of Oldham, driving a 4wheel Dodge.
From there he moved to Cusicks of Oldham working the night trunk to South Wales.
From Cusicks he then worked for McKelvies , from where he is probably best known for his time working in the haulage industry.
He worked for many years on the night trunk to Paisley from Manchester, also trunking periodically to London also.
His trunk vehicle was a Leyland Octopus MHS 56, he also trunked for a short time a Foden S20 8wheeler LHS 208.
He later went on days with McKelvie for several years.
On leaving McKelvie he went to another renowned Scottish haulier that being Smiths of Maddiston, where he worked for approx. 18 months.
On leaving the haulage industry, he went on to start up and run a successful taxi business in Oldham.
Dennis is my Father, I will miss him.
Rest In Peace Dad.
If anyone remembers my Dad I would be delighted to read your posts.
Garry.

Garry,

I drove for Smith’s from North Street Manchester depot for some 6 years,late 70’s early 80’s,when did your father drive for Smiths?

I didn’t know your father Garry,but my condolences to you and his family nonetheless,may he rest in peace.

David

Hi David,
Thank you for your kind sentiments.
My Dads` funeral was last Thursday 3rd December 2015. We gave him a good send off.
My Dad worked for Smiths of Maddiston from 1964-1966.approximately.
The depot on North St. Cheetham Hill was McKelvies depot prior to Smiths operating from there.

Garry.

GBW:
Hi David,
Thank you for your kind sentiments.
My Dads` funeral was last Thursday 3rd December 2015. We gave him a good send off.
My Dad worked for Smiths of Maddiston from 1964-1966.approximately.
The depot on North St. Cheetham Hill was McKelvies depot prior to Smiths operating from there.

Garry.

Pleased your old man had a good send off.

The dates you mentioned are well before my days at Smiths,but good days nonetheless.

David