Denied access to toilets

rob22888:

robroy:

LGVStuart:
Can’t fault Jack Richardsons… more should do the same…

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … acilities/

Doesn’t Jack Richard’s do a lot of work for Smith’s packaging co ?
I was talking to a driver the other day (not JR’s) who said the Livingston branch have notices up banning drivers from ALL facilities, and they have installed a portaloo to get around it.
Don’t know about you lot but I hate those [zb] things :smiling_imp: , I’ve refused to use them before, telling them ‘When I see you use it, I’ll use it,.where are the proper facilities’'.

Thing is though, if that is a valid way of getting around the h&s rules, I bet more firms will do it, and you can sure as hell bet it will continue to be the thing there on after all this present situation is over.

Nothing like being pointed in the direction of a portaloo to make you feel like your regarded as a class below.

Alright for a quick ■■■■■ but the moment someone has a sit down in there & the sun bakes it, they become the pits. Also highly doubt them things hold enough water for every driver to spend 20 seconds thoroughly washing their hands & a trickle of cold water is hardly adequate anyway.

When the trapdoor opens welcome to hell[emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slight update from my previous post. I had another go at complaining to HSE about this place and got a reply asking if they wanted me to contact the company in question. I said that I did and left it at that.

Anyway, many months later I’m back at this customer again and noticed the portaloo outside is missing. I asked to go to the toilet and he showed me in to the building.

Coincidence, I don’t really know. Either way we now have access to the toilets like regular humans.

I do not miss the days of trying to find somewhere to go do my business

One of our drivers was refused access to the toilet after a 3hr drive, was told your not staff its for staff only (despite same company, uniform, bloody great hgv with company name all over it delivering her stock, putting cages where she orders) so he said ok & ■■■■■■ against the fence & she went mental & complained. Good job she wasn’t working the day I needed a ■■■, it was a double flush and every air spray including a lynx in the toilet. She did get stroppy when I asked to use the toilet the last time I was there.