Denied access to toilets

gregm171:
I have just been denied access to the toilet facilities at William Grant storage in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ I rhymed off the HSE regs 1992. To be fair the woman is only doing as she’s told by bosses, she apologised and went on to say they’ve been waiting for a portaloo since Monday for the drivers. Now, there is a toilet there specifically for Drivers atm but have put a sign up saying it’s out of commission. The bastid! :smiling_imp:
Well I won’t be buying any more Glenfiddich project ■■ from them if they think that drivers are just virus ridden, 3rd rate citizens! :imp:

I agree totally but drivers do not stand together and this is why we are allowed to be treated so badly because we allow it. I made a forum with a link to getting us priority for the covid jab on here. But all I got in response was abuse and they openely admitted that truck drivers don’t stand together and didn’t care. So while this is the situation nothing will ever change for a truck driver because at the end of the day as they say we are just truck drivers.

Jayjay350z:

gregm171:
I have just been denied access to the toilet facilities at William Grant storage in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ I rhymed off the HSE regs 1992. To be fair the woman is only doing as she’s told by bosses, she apologised and went on to say they’ve been waiting for a portaloo since Monday for the drivers. Now, there is a toilet there specifically for Drivers atm but have put a sign up saying it’s out of commission. The bastid! :smiling_imp:
Well I won’t be buying any more Glenfiddich project ■■ from them if they think that drivers are just virus ridden, 3rd rate citizens! :imp:

I agree totally but drivers do not stand together and this is why we are allowed to be treated so badly because we allow it. I made a forum with a link to getting us priority for the covid jab on here. But all I got in response was abuse and they openely admitted that truck drivers don’t stand together and didn’t care. So while this is the situation nothing will ever change for a truck driver because at the end of the day as they say we are just truck drivers.

Really?

I’ve had a few places try and refuse toilet access…

They get a polite explanation of the law and a request to speak to the supervisor.
If this doesn’t work (it usually does) they get told the load is leaving.

Never failed to take a leak yet

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

Jayjay350z:

gregm171:

Really?

I’ve had a few places try and refuse toilet access…

They get a polite explanation of the law and a request to speak to the supervisor.
If this doesn’t work (it usually does) they get told the load is leaving.

Never failed to take a leak yet

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

What is frustrating to me is when your on a bay in an RDC and the is staff toliets rite next to were you are
And they refuse drivers access and tell you that the drivers toliet are at the gate house or across by the entry
And its a good walk away
When you get there there is a que and its either a small dirty single toliet that isn’t fit for an animal or its a porter loo and this is a RDC thousands of lorrys in an out per day and we get a dirty nasty single Toliet to share when there actual staff get mulitpul toliet blocks dotted all over site that are clean and fit for more than 1 person a time

Well IMO, These RDC Depots want to remember if the wagon drivers want to have a dump or a ■■■■ when on their premises when delivering their goods they should have THINK When their arse s ready to open, Ware can they goe, IMOO, Just ■■■■■ on the R Soles, That take advantage of being total ■■■■■ with no brains , Regards Larry.

adam277:
If I need to go for a ■■■■■ I am going for a ■■■■■.

Maybe, I am in the minority here but I see no issue for a driver having a ■■■■■ in a layby or in a empty industrial park. Parking is limited for us so we have to make do. I know some guys bring bottles with them but having a ■■■■■ in a bottle is pretty bad as well so idk.

I think thats completely fine mate so long as its just a ■■■■ lol, and your hidden with tree or bushes not just with your willy out at the side of a layby

@Jayjay350z alot of drivers are foreign and dont really understand laws etc so they just say yes and do as told thats why

If you have to go, you have to go.
No note will be stopping me.

Best we all pull together eh Boris…an absolute disgrace!

There’s only one company I deliver to regularly that won’t allow anyone in the factory (Canova Candles), I usually use the services or supermarket toilets, as I’m only in a rigid supermarkets are reasonably easy to park in or near.

Colin_scottish:

gregm171:

Weird that i was there today and used the bog with no bother.I must have spoke in better manner.

Spoken in a better manner?

You shouldn’t have to speak to anyone in “a better manner” to use a toilet on their site while collecting/delivering their goods.

It’s really depressing to hear drivers sell themselves so short.

adam277:

Yea, I try to plan it out but it is hard to find a toilet when your pulling a Tesco Doubledecker.
I still remember the worst day in my life.

I was in a Tesco Lorry in bumper to bumper traffic in Fulham. NOWHERE to go and I had a dodgy kebab the night before…
My god I have never came so close to ■■■■■■■■ myself.
I managed to hold it in but needless to say I did not have clean boxers by the end of the shift.

Maybe, I am in the minority here but I see no issue for a driver having a ■■■■■ in a layby or in a empty industrial park. Parking is limited for us so we have to make do. I know some guys bring bottles with them but having a ■■■■■ in a bottle is pretty bad as well so idk.

There’s one teensy weensy little issue there. It’s illegal to urinate in public.

When my planner, manager, receptionist, managing director has to do it up against a wall or in a bottle or plastic bag then I’ll do it.

Toilet access is something that has slowly become a “thing” for me over the years. It’s not that I can’t hold in any more, it’s just that I guess, at age 52 I think, “Why should I be driving and trying to concentrate and be bursting for the toilet?” When Unite sent me a letter explaining the HSE stance and the law behind it, it made me happy for about five minutes but then the realisation dawned on me that it would probably make no difference. Unlike one of the other posters, my manager always blames us, never the customer, so if I complain to a customer who won’t let me use their toilet facilities, sometimes they then phone my manager and I get all sorts of harassment from him. The main excuses I get from customers are: “Because of security, you’d need an induction course.”, and, “Due to COVID-19 restrictions you are not allowed out of your vehicle.” One time I was at a chipboard factory in Wales and I just went and used a toilet at their fitter’s workshop because trying to find the proper toilets would have ended up with either getting shouted at or run over by a log grab loader. The fitter’s toilet was pretty gruesome but it was a toilet and better than behind a bush :neutral_face:

I have been in that position on too many occasions to mention. One of the positives of incidents like that is that I reviewed my lifestyle and eating habits. I eat less and only eat takeaway food if I am off duty the next day. Getting down to the nitty gritty of the subject, I now carry two refuse sacks with me. One for my rubbish and one for emergency situations and yes, I’ve had to do it. Pulled into a lay-by and squatting down in the cab. Disgusting but unfortunately it had got to the point where I had no choice. I was at a customer’s depot 2½ hours earlier but I’m not allowed to use their toilet facilities because of security and I’d need an induction and my previous manager said five years ago that he’d arrange it and he never did. Peeing into a bottle is a regular, if not daily, occurrence. In my home town, many years ago, a chap that lived over the road from me got convicted of exposing himself in public because he stopped his car, on the outskirts of town, for a pee because he couldn’t hold it in any more. A woman drove past and reported him to the police for exposing himself to her. I never asked him how he went about taking a leak in such a manner that the woman reported him but in any case I mention it as he ended up on the ■■■ offender’s register. This was back before smartphones so can you imagine if some unsympathetic busybody had caught the chap in question and they’d filmed him? :open_mouth:

adam277:

Yea, I try to plan it out but it is hard to find a toilet when your pulling a Tesco Doubledecker.
I still remember the worst day in my life.

I was in a Tesco Lorry in bumper to bumper traffic in Fulham. NOWHERE to go and I had a dodgy kebab the night before…
My god I have never came so close to ■■■■■■■■ myself.
I managed to hold it in but needless to say I did not have clean boxers by the end of the shift.

Movianto in Bedford didn’t allow drivers delivering their or even agency drivers driving for them to use the toilets within the warehouse/office area, they had a portaloo in the corner of the yard which was disgusting, bear in mind that this is a healthcare/medical supply company. Worrying that drivers etc are unable to use the correct toilet facilities when they are handling medicines going into hospitals etc.

As an outsider who has yet to pass my practical etc and as a woman this whole topic appalls me. Are these companies really so short sighted to not let someone go to the loo? Forget about the business side of things (and not ■■■■■■■ off the people who are important in your supply chain), it’s just basic human decency. And don’t get me started on the haulage companies not having your backs and letting it happen or forcing you to use lay-bys or bottles?! I think to combat the issue the hygienic side should be used as an angle. I see in job listings they say drivers are the face of the company yada yada so how is a driver who hasn’t washed their hands or have urine stained pants after an accident in a lay-by going to come across to their clients huh? -.-

And if I could play the “female” card for a moment, I keep hearing they want more women in the industry but how many women are gonna put up with being denied going to the toilets while delivering, especially while on their period? They need to cop on.

Mazzie:
As an outsider who has yet to pass my practical etc and as a woman this whole topic appalls me. Are these companies really so short sighted to not let someone go to the loo? Forget about the business side of things (and not ■■■■■■■ off the people who are important in your supply chain), it’s just basic human decency. And don’t get me started on the haulage companies not having your backs and letting it happen or forcing you to use lay-bys or bottles?! I think to combat the issue the hygienic side should be used as an angle. I see in job listings they say drivers are the face of the company yada yada so how is a driver who hasn’t washed their hands or have urine stained pants after an accident in a lay-by going to come across to their clients huh? -.-

And if I could play the “female” card for a moment, I keep hearing they want more women in the industry but how many women are gonna put up with being denied going to the toilets while delivering, especially while on their period? They need to cop on.

They need to but chances are they wont.

Also it’s only getting worse.
I’ve noticed recently many BP garages and ESSO’s and a lot of the 24/7 petrol stations now lock their doors past 10pm. So you only have the option of night pay via the window. Essentially blocking you from using the toilets.
Also a lot of the smaller petrol stations dont even have toilets.

I’ve only noticed that quite a few petrol stations that can easily fit HGVs now have a no hgv sign. I’m guessing this is because they take up a bit of space. Either way it is annoying.

Atlas Express:
I have been in that position on too many occasions to mention. One of the positives of incidents like that is that I reviewed my lifestyle and eating habits. I eat less and only eat takeaway food if I am off duty the next day. Getting down to the nitty gritty of the subject, I now carry two refuse sacks with me. One for my rubbish and one for emergency situations and yes, I’ve had to do it. Pulled into a lay-by and squatting down in the cab. Disgusting but unfortunately it had got to the point where I had no choice. I was at a customer’s depot 2½ hours earlier but I’m not allowed to use their toilet facilities because of security and I’d need an induction and my previous manager said five years ago that he’d arrange it and he never did. Peeing into a bottle is a regular, if not daily, occurrence. In my home town, many years ago, a chap that lived over the road from me got convicted of exposing himself in public because he stopped his car, on the outskirts of town, for a pee because he couldn’t hold it in any more. A woman drove past and reported him to the police for exposing himself to her. I never asked him how he went about taking a leak in such a manner that the woman reported him but in any case I mention it as he ended up on the ■■■ offender’s register. This was back before smartphones so can you imagine if some unsympathetic busybody had caught the chap in question and they’d filmed him? :open_mouth:

I would never use a black sack and I dont use bottles. I plan better now and I dont eat takeaways.

they think we are vermin …there seams to be a lot of laws in this country that can be ignored country has gone to the dogs .

Mazzie:

Would you consider taking your own loo as in camping? I go sailing and we have a black bag policy. You eat/drink it, it goes down the loo, everything else in the black bag to be binned at the next port of call. I wonder whether it is feasible to buy and take your own cassette loo if say tramping.

If it’s your own truck I suppose you could have the pax seat taken out. All you need is the foldaway basin and of course the hairdryer. :smiley:

Sand Fisher:

Mazzie:

Would you consider taking your own loo as in camping? I go sailing and we have a black bag policy. You eat/drink it, it goes down the loo, everything else in the black bag to be binned at the next port of call. I wonder whether it is feasible to buy and take your own cassette loo if say tramping.

If it’s your own truck I suppose you could have the pax seat taken out. All you need is the foldaway basin and of course the hairdryer. :smiley:

That would make interesting viewing on the driver facing cameras.

One of our drivers was denied access to a toilet yesterday when he arrived to load at a customers in Coalville. He was desperate to go (not for the type of thing you can do beside your lorry on a grass verge) but he was also desperate to meet his booking time. He reasoned that he could get there on time but would need the toilet immediately. Anyhoo upon arrival he informed the goods in/out person of his predicament and was point blank refused use of their facilities. He jumped back in the wagon and phoned out traffic office, the front desk bod immediately said “that’s unacceptable, pull out and return to the depot”. Our Traffic manager then backed his decision totally and phoned the customer and put a complaint in with them.

Fair play I reckon.

the maoster:
One of our drivers was denied access to a toilet yesterday when he arrived to load at a customers in Coalville. He was desperate to go (not for the type of thing you can do beside your lorry on a grass verge) but he was also desperate to meet his booking time. He reasoned that he could get there on time but would need the toilet immediately. Anyhoo upon arrival he informed the goods in/out person of his predicament and was point blank refused use of their facilities. He jumped back in the wagon and phoned out traffic office, the front desk bod immediately said “that’s unacceptable, pull out and return to the depot”. Our Traffic manager then backed his decision totally and phoned the customer and put a complaint in with them.

Fair play I reckon.

Nice to hear of a company backing up their drivers.

I hope he managed to find somewhere to go before it was too late.