DEN`s Transport Wrexham (new pic added)

Only quoteing what Colin Rawson said in T& D 240, not knowing the Vehicle at 1st-hand, i wouldnt say for definite what was possible with it. We had a tag-lift 142 at Heavyhaul (added, not factory) that was plated legaly at 85ton, depends on the quality of the conversion i spose. Is Terry Godbold still running his big ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Borderer, do you know 240■■

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
Only quoteing what Colin Rawson said in T& D 240, not knowing the Vehicle at 1st-hand, i wouldnt say for definite what was possible with it. We had a tag-lift 142 at Heavyhaul (added, not factory) that was plated legaly at 85ton, depends on the quality of the conversion i spose. Is Terry Godbold still running his big ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Borderer, do you know 240■■

Hmmm, but your Scania didn’t start life as a 32-tonner! As you say, Colin Rawson would be best placed to know.

Are Heavyhaul still going, by the way? I once had a wild (not!) night out in their yard, but I did get a brief drive of their LHD
bonneted Scania Vabis, which was rather nice.

I understand that Terry’s Borderer is still at work, although the last I heard was that his son was driving it. If Andy (Killsville)
is reading this, he’ll know better than I will!

Hello 240, yes Heavyhaul are alive and well, i pop in now and then and do keep in contact with a couple of the drivers. I had some lovely nights out in there aswell! better than lay-by i spose!?!? That old 76 was a good ol tool and was a real flyer, had a tweaked 110 engine, and that winch seemed to pull anything. Sadly, she was sold to an operator in Ireland in about 92-3 time, it badly needed a new coach-built cab and the lump wanted a good re-build. He know runs a B reg left ■■■■■■ F12 4x2 and a 6x4 FH12 on the recovery side, along with a small Brimac Renault. The heavy side is currently undergoing a re-vamp, with a nearly new FH16 150Tonner, 8 wheel Hiab, FH12 80Tonner, and brand new Faymonville Megamax lowloader with 2axle jeep dolley being added over the last year (must be having a funny turn!!). Glad Terrys old girl is still about, thats value for money id say! Cheers fof info 240, Chris.

nianiamh:
Another pic of Den`s Atki

Not a critisim, just my own personal take on it but to me that just has painful to drive written all over it.
I applaud older drivers who had to endure this junk especially anyone taking it as far as Espana… :open_mouth::wink:

AndrewG:
Not a critisim, just my own personal take on it but to me that just has painful to drive written all over it.
I applaud older drivers who had to endure this junk especially anyone taking it as far as Espana… :open_mouth::wink:

Each to their own - I can make myself perfectly comfortable for a long distance trip in a Mk.2 Atkinson, provided it’s in good order.
Even better if it’s had an upgrade to the seat and the sound deadening!

AndrewG:

Junk or not my old mate. Old KED earned me a lot of cash when I had it at NorthWest… and it never stopped with a break-down either. :smiley:

Well it must just be me then, but I’d take that to Spain now, when do I start?

dieseldog6:
Well it must just be me then, but I’d take that to Spain now, when do I start?

I’ll be in there before you :wink:

240 Gardner:

Wasn’t that the Mk2 upgrade package? :wink:

Limey:

240 Gardner:

Wasn’t that the Mk2 upgrade package? :wink:

Oi! What are you doing over here? You’ll be popping up again on BLB next :unamused: