Delivery to Gurnsey

Anyone delivered to Gurnsey ? A customer has asked for a quote ,I thought we would drop the goods off at Portsmouth with condor shipping ,I’ve delivered to Jersey ,but I thought Guernsey was a no go it will be a 10 tonne gross with trailer carrying skips .

I am fairly sure you can’t take an artic to gurnsey, seem to remember somewhere, someone had to load cattle off the island but were only allowed to the port and then they had to have the animals brought to them and loaded quay side. I might be wrong but I think the cost of the ferry was bloody stupid money as well. :sunglasses:

Could you load them on the ferry and then the customer collect them the other end?

Need to call the transport office on the island for an ■■■■■■ to your destination, charged per hour and you can’t move during there rush hour, I liked that one, less hassle to goto condor in Pompey, I would’ve suggested heulin renouf in Southampton but I believe they are now no more…or there are a couple of firms/agents in Poole that ship 20’ groupage containers…

Maximum permitted width on Guernsey is 2.31 metres.

gov.gg/article/3692/Oversized-Vehicles

I used to take goods to Condor for the Channel Isles. No fuss, no mess.

PM sent

Thanks for all the info ,I can now recommend delivery to Portsmouth only.

Allied Coasters from St Peter Port used to do a dedicated service to the channel islands from Weymouth at one time, then shifted to Portland but they lost the contract to Huelin Shipping who then went bust ( I was on the Huelin Endevour on the Southampn to C/I run) but they do now have a new ship on the run still sailing from Southampton.

raymundo:
Allied Coasters from St Peter Port used to do a dedicated service to the channel islands from Weymouth at one time, then shifted to Portland but they lost the contract to Huelin Shipping who then went bust ( I was on the Huelin Endevour on the Southampn to C/I run) but they do now have a new ship on the run still sailing from Southampton.

Just shows how old I am- I can remember the Weymouth-Guernsey route being operated by British Railways Ferries. :blush:

Ferry speed in Portsmouth will sort it.

Retired Old ■■■■:

raymundo:

Just shows how old I am- I can remember the Weymouth-Guernsey route being operated by British Railways Ferries. :blush:

So can I lol, use to go on it every year when I was a kid for our annual holidays!!!

wildfire:

Retired Old ■■■■:

raymundo:

So can I lol, use to go on it every year when I was a kid for our annual holidays!!!

Me too. I remember 1 yr when the ship went a ground on a sand bank just outside weymouth around 1978. Lol

Channel seaways operate a freight service out of Poole to the C.I, I think all freight is transhipped into containers though.

Huelin Renouff from Soton

hitch:
Huelin Renouff from Soton

Didn’t they go under last year?

If I remember right from my day’s of shipping out to the continent from Portsmouth I am sure there was a width limit on trucks I think it was 6 or 6ft 6in so are trucks could not deliver to Gurnsey or Jersey commodore shipping in portsmouth will tell hope this helps.

theres a company from skelmsdale who run out there , 2 lorrys a day !!

we sent our 7.5t there to collect 9 classic bikes and he had to have an ■■■■■■ both ways and like i said they won`t move during the rush hour. :confused: :confused: :confused:

ferry crossing was a shocking price :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: but needs must and the man had loads of dosh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tis a right royal pain in the arse place! There is a width restriction as others have said. You can travel to certain parts of the Island but not many. I just priced to send a 12m rigid and it was £2k return. Being a removal company we can travel to White and Co’s depot and tranship there but rates for 2 men and a van can be anything up to £500 for a day. Ferry times can also be a bit anti social and not known for being the smoothest of crossings :smiley: