Delivery to centre of Paris, Monday!

just collected a few pallets to deliver to eurostar, 1 rue du delta, paris,
I’ve done a bit of Paris before, cdg and orly areas but not in that far! anything
I should be aware of? can it be compared to a days drive around our fair
capital [zb], I mean city!!! my boss has kindly told the customer I’ll be
there between 8-9am Monday morning.

If the auto-censor catches a word, re-typing and doctoring it doesn’t make that word become acceptable dd.

You won’t! The Peripherique (Ring Road) Is an absolute nightmare. Keep both eyes in both mirrors. Watch out for suicidal bikers, flying inside and outside of you. People switching lanes all over the place. Horns blaring, arms waving. Long queues etc…Enjoy! :laughing:

cheers mate, sounds just like a day in the big smoke to me,

Would advise you to contact the client,as the delivery address could be the office and not the depot where they would receive goods,which could be out in the outskirts,or the “banlieue”,i used to have central of cities addresses,but when rang in to get them to check it out,it was the office in the middle of a city.I would not recomend parking up in the area,get out of dodge after delivering.The signs are quite confusing around Paris,on many occasions,a split second error will send you miles away,and cursing loudly is an option.Good luck with the congestion too.

Maybe pay cash to a local courier van,so they can drop it off for you ,it would less hassle.Or ring the client to say,you will wait outside the city on an industrial estate so they come and collect from you.

Be aware of the normal Monday morning ban for vehicles over 7.5t in the ÃŽle-de-France travelling towards Paris from 06.00 to 10.00.

Otherwise: “You must pay!!” :wink:

There are some bridges that have lorry bans around the periphique,but i have not seen them enforcing that and the morning ban too.

Had a peep on the AA and RAC route planner,there is a Zone de Delta by the Accor Hotel,which is near the fruit and veg markets of Rungis,further looking it seems that is not the one your after,have you seen all the one way streets in by Rue de Delta,nightmare.

Watch out for that Scottish motorcycle copper on the Peripherique, he really doesn’t like English truck drivers. :wink:

I would flag down a taxi to ■■■■■■ you there,and not rely on a sat nav,it seems there are a few sharp turns that may not accomodate LGv`s,it would be money well spent,i have done that loads of times,the taxi may not even charge if you play your cards right.Hire a wheel barrow for a few hours.
Is that the copper with a foot long ginger beard,and his hip flask is full of whiskey?

you just had the best advice flag a taxi get him to take you in DONT give the goods to anybody if you get on the ring road keep to the second lane not first because they have right of way coming on so you have to give way drive the way they do not like a brit cos you will get no where once you have dropped get out THE PLACE IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE AND NO its nothing like london driving BEST OF LUCK

If he has time to sight see,park up out of the city,and get a tube or bus in,but finding a safe place to park is a problem,as is around the world in any large city,let us know how you got on in Paris.Any one see the Robert de Niro film “Ronin” ,shot there,the most expensive car chase scene ever.Dam good film though.
Some areas are “no go” for people that dont live there,and the CRS and the Police will not even go there,criminal gangs rule ,in rough appartment blocks,where immigrants have been forgoten about in the French social system.

Inselaffe:
Be aware of the normal Monday morning ban for vehicles over 7.5t in the ÃŽle-de-France travelling towards Paris from 06.00 to 10.00.

Otherwise: “You must pay!!” :wink:

+1. the normal ban throughout france that runs until 22.00 sun night continues in paris on a monday morning, and it does get enforced just not by a ginger biker :laughing:

thanks for the info fella’s, i most definatley will not be doing any sight seeing, and i will be armed with euros for the taxi!!! i got helped out by a ups driver on my first trip down to chilly mazarin before i had a sat nav
how far down can i expect to get before the lorry ban comes into play? ive just called my boss to let him know about it, will be delivering sometime towards lunch time now methinks!!
toby, yes seen all the tight turns around there, im dreading it.

anyone fancy a back load to paris france? only a few pallets to drop off, will be in and out in no time!!!

scania rob:
thanks for the info fella’s, i most definatley will not be doing any sight seeing, and i will be armed with euros for the taxi!!! i got helped out by a ups driver on my first trip down to chilly mazarin before i had a sat nav
how far down can i expect to get before the lorry ban comes into play? ive just called my boss to let him know about it, will be delivering sometime towards lunch time now methinks!!

if you’re coming down the A1 from calais stop at the total services before CDG and wait until 10amish then the traffic will be OK and the ban well finished. you should get to your drop within an hour as well :bulb:
the lorry ban is the Ile de France which mainly covers inside the N104

cheers wbis, i know the services you mean, ive been on google maps street view virtually driving around the whole of paris! i know it better than the locals now :wink:
ill be at dover for 4am monday in a white/orange scania p230,

scania rob:

anyone fancy a back load to paris france? only a few pallets to drop off, will be in and out in no time!!!

I think you need to listen to Toby, and get your boss on the case tomorrow morning as I doubt Eurostar will want any pallets down Rue du Delta or even Gare du Nord

But we do need photos and a story if they do

Wheel Nut:

scania rob:

I think you need to listen to Toby, and get your boss on the case tomorrow morning as I doubt Eurostar will want any pallets down Rue du Delta or even Gare du Nord

But we do need photos and a story if they do

I’m supposed to be meeting two uk guys down there between 8-9am, I’ll call them from the safety of the services as they will be on site then, if the address is wrong they can inform me, I’m delivering some power supply thingy mabobs for computer systems, 1 rue du delta on street view does look very office like. and a couple of livraison bays right outside-bingo!!!
ill try and get some pics or a video* from my iPhone on the way in there.

*any expletives heard are solely the expression ofthis user and are not endorsed by this or any other web forum!!!

Hi
I had a tip next to the Gare du Nord a couple of weeks ago at an indian cash & Carry and despite a sleepless night before I was pleasantly suprised. The traffic was not bad, the only problem I had was parking at the side of the road to unload so I parked in the middle instead :slight_smile: The locals soon moved their vans from the loading area and I was in and out in a couple of hours. There were some road works just inside the peripherique but no hold ups. Ive got Savigny le Temple for 9 on monday morning just south of Paris.
Good luck

got back into blighty at 9:30 this morning, and I’ve got to say it wasnt as bad as I’d expected,
I left gatwick at 01:30 for the 4am norfolkline ferry, rolled out of dunquerque at 6:30ish and stopped
at the total services just before cdg airport for a 50min break, as I was running near to 4hrs drive.
glad I did as traffic towards la peripherique ate into my driving time, my satnav is a few years old and a few roads near my drop had changed, indeed the oneway road I wanted to get into it tried taking me in the wrong end! the road was tight and ended up leaving it in the middle of the road!
it is quite a beautiful city, and one I think I’d like to have a wander around as a tourist.
I asked the guys I was delivering to do how they got on driving down as they’d not driven abroad before, and they said it was quite nice, their hotel was just around the corner from champs elysee (sp)
to which I replied good luck with that!!!
doors were closed, paperwork completed and got the f outof there.
I would definately go back again with the truck, maybe take the mrs, kill two birds and all that :wink: