Delivery Addresses

companies should charge for sorting incorrect addresses

hitch:
companies should charge for sorting incorrect addresses

I agree but if they simply phoned the customer and ask them to email or fax their address this would not happen. With a correct postcode my Sat-nav will take me to the doorstep. :confused:

offtherails:
I was once given a delivery address to a farm in Boltby, Yorkshire. Got into village and asked where farm is and got directions, No one commented on the fact i had an artic. Followed directions perfectly but due to it being in a forest on the side of a hill I lost all traction and ground to a halt. After trying unsuccesfully to move I decided to walk up to the farm and seek assistance. I arrived at the farm and told them I had a delivery for them but was unable to make it. They looked at me quizically saying everyone else managed. I then explained i had 24 tonnes of tiles on board for them. It turned out that they hand paint the tiles at this farm and usually only get around 100 delivered at a time in a 4x4.

I ended up stuck on that road for nearly 2 days and had to be winched to the top of the hill by a wrecker. Unfortunatley I was blocking the only way onto the front of my vehicle so the forestry commision had to arrange the removal of several trees to enable a wrecker to get in front of me. After I was free from there I proceeded to deliver the tiles to there correct destination which was a lovely nice unit on an industrial estate just of the A1.

ouch!

additional note
the delivery address is the road in which uloading takes place
or the one used to access the loading point of the customer

not the car park or front office

I had to vote “sent to invoice address instead of delivery address,” because that’s what happened the most.
Many on here will know that that was common with Italian backloads (that were supposedly ‘urgent’) back in the 80s.

However, there’s one option that might not have been considered…

How about:
“arrived correctly and in time at the stated delivery address, but they forgot to tell me that the load had been sold en route??”

I just forget how many times I had a full load of peaches from Italy that were destined for Liverpool fruit market, but which had been sold to traders in eg. Nottingham or Bristol whilst I was en route. Having followed all instructions from my boss eg. phone the office regularly, this wasteful practice continued and was never anybody’s fault except mine.
Blaming the driver isn’t a new idea. :grimacing:

As drivers, we are only as efficient as the information that we are given…

I got quite excited once when I loaded barrels of fruit from Poland for delivery to Guernsey :laughing: Ended up in Dover clearing for 3 days while someone found a radiation certificate. Delivery ended up near Worcester :frowning:

But for the survey, all the yes’s apply