Delivery addresses

Why don’t they give you the road the delivery yard entrance is on , not a post code / road the bloody shop is on , it can be a bloody nightmare at the wrong time of the day trying too work your way out :smiling_imp:

dozy:
Why don’t they give you the road the delivery yard entrance is on , not a post code / road the bloody shop is on , it can be a bloody nightmare at the wrong time of the day trying too work your way out :smiling_imp:

FFS I thought you were ‘Old Skool’ dozy?
When you stared, did you have little electronic gadgets to punch postcodes into, or did you have to do it by addresses?

And if you’re struggling that much, why not phone them and ask■■?

Evil8Beezle:

dozy:

FFS I thought you were ‘Old Skool’ dozy?
When you stared, did you have little electronic gadgets to punch postcodes into, or did you have to do it by addresses?

And if you’re struggling that much, why not phone them and ask■■?

Precisely ^ I’ve been stuck before a few times and I’ve quickly attained the company number gave them a call and they’ve always been more than happy to help, how did Dozy ever manage pre sat nav and pre smart phone days ?

The point is if the correct address ( for delivery yard ) was on paper work then we wouldn’t have too ring them up / go in shop and ask / ask locals etc , you’d just go straight too the correct delivery point .
Zb me its 2017 and there giving you addresses of the main entrance of the shop / car park , how hard is it too stick the road the entrance too the bloody yard is :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

The only reason dozy needs a road name, is because someone nicked his sat nav :grimacing:

Stay tuned for the next instalment of “Dozy trucker unleashed”…

Christ htf do you even get out of bed in a morning? :unamused:

We all like to have a laugh at dozy but this time he’s right, why don’t they put the correct address on the paperwork i once went 150 miles the wrong way to the head office instead of the delivery address

A good follow on to the topic of… Avoiding supermarket work…,where some derided Companies and Drivers that have maps with directions to the stores,like Dozy says Post Codes only take you to the front and not the delivery areas.

Freight forwarder agents gave out wrong address in Europe, end up in city or town centre, but loading place is in middle of nowhere up hills to collect tiles around Valencia and Onda/Castellon .
Address given was their head office, as much use as a chocolate tea pot .
Dozy does has a point .

Give him credit where its due…its a nightmare when given the incorrect address…bad planning i`m afraid…now if companies charged for the extra time it takes, this wouldnt happen so often. When i was in america, i asked why the people are so polite…i was told, it wasnt always like that…we complained, then complained again and again…and eventually someone took notice…there you go…sit tight, until your planner gives you the correct address…let them do what theyre supposed to do.

I do agree with dozy on this. Surely it’s common sense for a company who has one road where the shop front/office front is and a different road for the service yard to provide the most logical one to companies that are sending large vehicles to them. It saves blocking roads on double yellows while you go in and ask or saves the phone call. If you know your straight there.

I don’t see the problem. I drive to the address that I’m given. If it’s wrong, I make a cup of tea, call the office, and let them sort it.

the nodding donkey:
I don’t see the problem. I drive to the address that I’m given. If it’s wrong, I make a cup of tea, call the office, and let them sort it.

What, no whine like a ■■■■■ about it on TNUK? :open_mouth:

I agree with Dozy, Oxford Street in Central London is a good example of having the precise location of the goods inwards doors. Unless you know exactly where the store is located then you can waste a lot of time trying to find the right road to use. Front door deliveries don’t go down well in some places.

Is it any coincidence that 5+ threads Dopey has started, are all in the top ten active threads

Try delivering to farms.
Post code is 5 miles away the address is

Long farm, by the oak tree, arseendofnowehere, England.

Worse is when they get the address totally wrong… I had one years ago that was typed up on the del note for a tip in Sheerness, other side of London. Turned out it should have been Sharpness near Bristol.

andy_s:
Worse is when they get the address totally wrong… I had one years ago that was typed up on the del note for a tip in Sheerness, other side of London. Turned out it should have been Sharpness near Bristol.

I had that , address I had was Taylor maxwells old office address in centre of Birmingham , should have been a building site in chipping sodbury near Yate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When that happens I usually write in letters at least an inch high:INCORRECT ADDRESS and then cover the rest of the delivery note with the correct address for the goods in a very slightly smaller size writing.