Delivering home heating oil? [Merged]

A mate put me off EVER considering doing domestic oil deliveries:
He went through a packet of baby wipes every other day wiping the dog ■■■■
off the hose :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

marko91:
As far as I know if you hold ADR your entitled to £10 ph. But whether all companies comply with that is a different story.

Hi marko91,

There’s no set minimum rate for ADR work or holding an ADR licence, so whoever told that ‘fact’ is talking complete rubbish.

Thanks guys for the info…might give it a go once i find out what the companys offering!:slight_smile:

Hank Hill:

nickb67:

Hank Hill:
…the same folks usually have their garden fires near the tanks too :open_mouth:

Indeed.
The ridiculous amount of strategically-placed expensive ornamental wild animals is a different ballgame altogether though.
I hate ornamental wild animals… :imp:

mmmmm… lets put this really heavy stone ornamental on top the lid of the underground tank :unamused:

Nah…try threading your weener though THIS…

2015-09-02 09.14.43.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443418554.948521.jpg

It won’t just be houses, you’ll be on building sites filling bowsers & topping up plant in quarries etc. I did it for 4 years in my early tanker days, 20+ drops a day, less money than the big tankers, pretty messy. Busiest in winter when weather is ■■■■ & at harvest time too, pulling 100ft of hose thru cowshit aint much fun. If I had the choice to do it again, I’d run a mile!

alder:
That job must be pretty stressful, I hope it is a good pay rate at least. :slight_smile:

Christ you are another one of the many on here who do my ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ right in. Why don’t you ■■■■ off back under a stone. Some folk on here have no interest in driving a big truck up and down a motorway, which I’m guessing you would probably think is hard work. Some of us grew up in the country and prefer working in the country. I’d rather do my current job than sit all day in a festering rdc. In fact you would need to pay me more to do that, sitting in a putrid waiting room, listening to ■■■■■ like you having a one way conversation with your blue tooth headset because no one else will listen to your ■■■■■■■ drivel. No doubt you only get out of bed for 16 quid an hour. Good, move up here and die of bed sores you bell end.

Ps. Dear op, sorry for ranting on your post. I know a couple of drivers who do this sort of work and love it. Go for it, it’ll help your driving no end!

Bad day at the office Happysack? :wink:

the maoster:
Bad day at the office Happysack? :wink:

No on the contrary. A very good day. Saw the lunar eclipse, a wonderful sunrise, beautiful views all day, mostly in peace and tranquility etc etc. Just tired and crabbit. [emoji6]

Fair play mate, we’ve all been there.