deleted thread...

Can someone please enlighten me as to why the thread ‘is there room in the ever changing haulage industry for this’ has been deleted…

Thanks
Simon

Probably due to all the arguing. :laughing:

sydeakinwoods:
Can someone please enlighten me as to why the thread ‘is there room in the ever changing haulage industry for this’ has been deleted…

Thanks
Simon

haven’t seen it so cant give specifics but Id guess somebody overstepped the mark and broke a rule . We have rules here (somebody can post a link to them ) and when they get broken threads get deleted and people get warned to behave .It’s that simple - of course it could be that nobody thought of the children …

A couple of out of context personally nasty posts ruined that thread as it does some others, i sometimes wonder if these posts are put on deliberately to get a thread deleted for some perverse reason.

The complete delete moderation style i don’t like, but then its not my playground.

Happy Keith as you will have seen decided to try and attack me, quite viciously, he resorted to posting the contents of Private Messages. The key word here being private. Its not the first time he’s done this to me and others and I’m not sure why he isn’t on premod. It would also stop him bombarding people with PMs whenever they disagree with him. Sometimes they remove threads to edit out the nasty stuff so it might yet reappear. I hope so lots if very good posts were made on that one.

I would say happy Keith is a tool but tools are useful. It’s about time he was put on premod

It’s a shame really as a lot of good threads get ruined by people who seem intent on getting a rise out of others. Sure it’s good to debate and express opinions but more often than not things get out of hand. Not saying I’m perfect either as I know I’ve upset a few folk on here but not intentionally.

The people who do it intentionally have noting better to do with their lives than to upset others.

Aha I see…I hope it reappears as its a shame that one Muppet ruins it for the rest.

Being pre-modded for defending remarks about dead kids is even worse!

I think that the mods should ask the victims of the personal attacks on here whether they would like anything done first as Switchlogic didnt seem bothered by it and quite rightly so, so why should someones thread get deleted because of one person’s petty attack??

You will be told that the door is >>>>>>>>>that way! Or <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<That way.

Sy told the idiot to do one. The mods should have deleted his posts rather than the whole thread

FarnboroughBoy11:
I think that the mods should ask the victims of the personal attacks on here whether they would like anything done first as Switchlogic didnt seem bothered by it and quite rightly so, so why should someones thread get deleted because of one person’s petty attack??

I reported the use of PMs because he has done it before. But apart from that I didn’t want anything else removed as it showed him up.for the nasty piece of work he is.

I disabled my PM’S ages ago after i was pestered for information about a mutal friend.

I get a handful of messages a month and they are all good from nice people but should I have the audacity to challenge the mighty Lord of the forum Keith he bombards me with them. I cant be the only one? Actually I may be the only one stupid enough to challenge him!

sydeakinwoods:

Thanks
Simon

It has not been deleted, it has been removed to the shed for review. There where several reports about the thread and some of the posts in it. Looking at the reports and some of the posts reported , a straightforward removing of some posts was not possible without making, or rather taking all the other posts out of context. Some of the dubious posts started right on page one of the thread and it runs to three pages, amongst that the numbers where made up by other posters complaing about posts in the thread. It may be re instated or may not, there are still reports to be dealt with.

Mike-C:

sydeakinwoods:

Thanks
Simon

It has not been deleted, it has been removed to the shed for review. There where several reports about the thread and some of the posts in it. Looking at the reports and some of the posts reported , a straightforward removing of some posts was not possible without making, or rather taking all the other posts out of context. Some of the dubious posts started right on page one of the thread and it runs to three pages, amongst that the numbers where made up by other posters complaing about posts in the thread. It may be re instated or may not, there are still reports to be dealt with.

No problem. Thanks for clearing that up Mike!

Many people on this forum seem to be able to get away with dishing out personal attacks. I’ve had my fair share of them, but it always seems to come from the same people.

So is there any news on whether or not the said thread is going to reappear??

Mike-C:

sydeakinwoods:

Thanks
Simon

Absolutely scandalous isn’t it Mike? That the mods have to spend 5 mins doing the role that they put their names down to do. :unamused: Sheesh! I mean, who do these members think they are, eh?