Deleted post

Deleted

Not worked for them but I passed their assessment centre and got offered the job. The assessment centre lasts between 3-4 hours btw and you don’t even drive you do team building exercises!

This was only a few months ago and the wage was £90 a day class 2. I never took it as I got a better paid job but from what they described it sounded easy enough, 4am starts which ain’t too bad cos I think hovis, kingsmill are like 2am starts.

Av heard the dough is good, my mate reckons he earns a decent crust

I had an assessment and did few days work for them a while back on agency.
Class 2 work involves lots of drops 20-30+ and very good knowledge of their product lines and codes.
the big drops are usually made up for you but you have to make up the smaller drops up yourself, you start around 4am and finish about 12 to 1 pm.

If you’re into multidrop it’s easy as you get the same drops day in day out and depending on the area the whole round may only be 80-100km.

class 1 consists of trunking from their bakeries to various depots around the country and large drops.

If you’re on agency and doing class 2 work negotiate a higher rate/minimum as you won’t get the hours in.

Tbh it’s not my cup of tea but each to their own…

Make sure you tell customers you’re agency when you’re asked to check the delivery, or you’ll be expected to quickly find the "250g gluten free with added milk for leprosy sufferers toastie loaf"x3 which are somewhere under the 50odd 250g farmhouse wholemeal loaves.
“Just the driver” worked for me, and it works now on flour. My interest ends once it’s off the lorry. :smiling_imp:
Picking the loads in the morning in just soul destroying and mind numbingly boring…

Deleted

Before you dismiss the class 1 jobs, I liked it. Been doing agency work at Whitwood for a couple of years on and off.
It’s easy work trunking to other depots and bakeries. Everywhere I went were always helpful and if you didn’t know anything I always felt I could ask.
What’s been said about class 2 is true but finding the gluten free toastie for blind paraplegic lepracorns isn’t as hard as it sounds. It’s already sorted before it gets loaded and there’s only about 30 different sorts of bread.
Give it a crack before you dismiss it.
Where you at anyway? Which bakery were you thinking of trying?

Not worked for Warburtons but I left Roberts bakery a couple of weeks ago.

They pay 35k per year for days (start times from 02:30 to 11am on any 5 from 7) and around 42k per year on Nights (any 4 from 7) The pay includes a supplement for class 1 work. Majority of the work is class 2.

They are looking for drivers all the time, just keep an eye on the website.

good luck getting higher rates warbutons went via depoel who basically reduce the rates to a minimum and expect all the agencies to find the drivers!

anyone know what Frank Roberts is like?

bluetone80:
anyone know what Frank Roberts is like?

I suppose he could be tall dark and hansom but then he could be short fat an hairy … :unamused: try startin a new thread on that one

Warburtons class 1 night trunk was a great job 17 years ago.
But now they expect the driver to load and offload usually doing 2 depots, this wasn’t the case back then. So a trunking job then was a good one to hold on to and a hard job to get.
Warehouse staff are very helpful in getting you in and out with the load, and
bread and other products can be bought at a discounted price.
An hour and a half induction, paperwork and site walk around no driving.
Rates differ by Agency and most are set far to low for anyone to return time and time again. Another rate set by Depoel. ^^^
If your happy with what your going to get, good luck with it.