Delete

Has

spannertrucker:
Has anyone who’s applied for a job here heard anything yet?
My application is in, but I havn’t had my phone interview yet. Don’t want to get left out in the cold!!!

The drivers that are moving from Nottingham and Alfreton haven’t been told when there moving yet so could be a couple more weeks before you find out anything yet, good luck anyway it truely is a job for life if you can stick with it, there aint many that leave and those that do came back.

It must be run different to Thurrock then!

Had the initial email about the phone interview, and then 1 earlier this week say it they will be I touch soon.

Not too fussed as things are moving elsewhere, which could mean I could finally get out of this bloody game

Seany:

My old Warehouse manager had to go and “sort Thurrock out” apparently the problem down there was that there all “lazy cokeny wayne kerrs” his words not mine. Apparentky they are still one of the worst performing depots in the network.

who is running the transport up there at castlewood,

Job for life? Getting up at 2am and working 15 weekends in 21 isn’t how I envisaged my life so I jacked it in :smiley:
Crap job.

gordo:
who is running the transport up there at castlewood,

In house

I disagree ollie. When I worked at alfreton it was a very good job with excellent benefits. Full pay on sick, final salary pension etc.
Yes there were plenty of weekend shifts and early starts (although I was on regular nights starting between 2pm and 10pm if I remember right) but they don’t hide that when you apply.
It wasn’t for me but to say it’s a ■■■■ job is wrong

Fully agree with JB. Yes weekends and a lot of them, but then compensated by lots of rest days during week. Now on a 4 day rota, mininum 2 days off in a row, but up to 5 days in a row off as rest days. Plan your holidays around that, then you can sometimes get 10 days off for the cost of 2 or 3 days holiday. Factor in sick pay (at moment after 5 years you get 12 weeks fully paid), pension, and how often do you actually work a 12 hour shift! Plus annual bonus up to £500. There are not a lot of drivers who leave!

Okay, maybe only I think it’s a crap job. But for me it was a crap job. I guess it depends on your circumstances but it certainly didn’t suit family life.
And having spoke with many an Alfreton driver us at blenheim weren’t doing the same thing. The Alfreton lads always seemed happier then the nottingham lot.
The new site looks nice though.

Yes OllieNotts, it is true, a personal thing. And a lot of the difference between Blenheim and Alfreton is the way in which the staff are treated. I have always been treated great at Alfreton, but when going into Blenheim, the attitude is totally different. How they will combine the two will be interesting. New site looks great, and looking forward to moving in there from Alfreton (no long fuel queues lol hopefully)

Had my 10min phone interview on Wed 16th. E.mail turning me down on the 17th :frowning:

I would’ve enjoyed that job.

AIUI recruitment will continue in 3 or 4 waves untill August, although I’ve been invited to re-apply when the vacancies next appear, I’m in two minds as to whether or not to be bothered.

topdog1606:
Fully agree with JB. Yes weekends and a lot of them, but then compensated by lots of rest days during week. Now on a 4 day rota, mininum 2 days off in a row, but up to 5 days in a row off as rest days. Plan your holidays around that, then you can sometimes get 10 days off for the cost of 2 or 3 days holiday. Factor in sick pay (at moment after 5 years you get 12 weeks fully paid), pension, and how often do you actually work a 12 hour shift! Plus annual bonus up to £500. There are not a lot of drivers who leave!

Thats answered my question then, if its alot of weekends then I’m not interested. Not that I don’t work weekends, but the fact that the rail work I do on weekends pays alot more than this.

Will wait and see if they ring up and go from there, but 99% certain I won’t be taking it further

NewLad:

Seany:

My old Warehouse manager had to go and “sort Thurrock out” apparently the problem down there was that there all “lazy cokeny wayne kerrs” his words not mine. Apparentky they are still one of the worst performing depots in the network.

You wanna tell your old warehouse manager that the warehouse is full of polls , it’s a matter of spot the English bloke in there !!!
I’ve seen the statistics & Thurrock is not the best performing but there the biggest depot apart from Andover, so there stats are up against other depots with 20 or so drivers , which becomes an unfair advantage, but even with an unfair advantage they still came within the top 5 !

NewLad:

Seany:

He can’t be a very good manager. Blaming the cockney poles. Lol

mightymart:

NewLad:

Seany:

You wanna tell your old warehouse manager that the warehouse is full of polls , it’s a matter of spot the English bloke in there !!!
I’ve seen the statistics & Thurrock is not the best performing but there the biggest depot apart from Andover, so there stats are up against other depots with 20 or so drivers , which becomes an unfair advantage, but even with an unfair advantage they still came within the top 5 !

Think you’ll find lea green depot the largest co op depot plus the depot not just full of poles, they have Slovaks,Czechs and the worst of all scousers lol ( only joking )

Your right , forgot about Lea Green as I believe it’s an old Somerfields depot ?..