Delete

Delete

You will need to find out who’s running the place. Probley DHL or Norberts.

I’ve just got a job at COOP Andover direct with Norberts. No mention of agency.

Castlewood will combine Alfreton and Blenheim depots when completed. At present transport is done in house at both sites. Norberts run new Andover. Nothing to do with DHL. As far as I know, as a driver at Alfreton, transport will remain in house. (Mind you we dont know much what is happening) As for working for Coop, tis a well paid job with max 48 hour week. No new vacancies but agency drivers have their own rota at times. There will be new jobs when open, but only due to open in 2013. Good luck.

Keep driving past the new shed and thinking it doesn’t look big enough…

True, it dont look as big as Birtley or Andover, but supposed to be bigger. Having said that hopefully will be a nicer place to work from, and better access to yard, and parking in the yard, and maybe even more than one fuel pump which we have at Alfreton, which means sometimes waiting in a fuel queue for over an hour and a half.

i do regular agency work for co-op coventry. mainly trunk runs. i have seen agency drivers taken on pretty quickly

Coventry CO-OP do just trunking to another Co-op warehouse.but normaly delivery to Co-op shop some time not very easy.some shop in the corner,villages.strugally with reverse to shop.

It is difficult to get a full time permanent postition at Alfreton as very small staff turnover. Getting in via agency is probably best way, but no definate job at the end of it. This may change when Castlewood opens, as some drivers from Blenheim may not transfer, but not an easy place to get a job at. Yes the shop side is hard, but not that hard for the money. Kit aint that great, shops are tight, but it is a good job never the less. Primary distribution is best, trunks days, backs and nights, with collections from suppliers, couldnt be easier.

topdog1606:
True, it dont look as big as Birtley or Andover, but supposed to be bigger. Having said that hopefully will be a nicer place to work from, and better access to yard, and parking in the yard, and maybe even more than one fuel pump which we have at Alfreton, which means sometimes waiting in a fuel queue for over an hour and a half.

Shouldn’t be too hard to improve on Blenheim or Alfreton on that score! Shed looks like it is built on the ‘goods in one side, goods out t’other side’ basis.

Might try for a couple of agency shifts in there once it’s built, just for a look-see.

I know its dragging up a older thread but the site is looking well all lit up. I drive past it most days from Sutton (where i live) to Beeston Nottingham Boots where im based.

Been keeping my eye on the job sight for some time as its much nearier to home and the cost of diesel now a days

Is Craig buchanan still transport manager? I used to work at alfreton on nights and it was the easiest job I’ve ever had.

Craig left several months ago, gone to Dubai or something like that. Think he sussed he might struggle getting employed at Castlewood when it opens.