Delays

If you travel by air and get delayed you get compensated, if your in the haulage industry and arrive to early you get fined if your late you can get turned away and fined.
So if your delayed due to diversions or heavy traffic how can you be held responsible for unforscene secumstances?
As an industry surely we should stand together and fight this.
To often you are at a suppliers location on time and then sit there for hours on end. You then leave trying to chase your ■■■ to get to your delivery point and put your licence to risk of picking up points.
Too old for this Its my licence I paid for it the company only lease it.
Thoughts on it lads and lasses.

dts:
If you travel by air and get delayed you get compensated, if your in the haulage industry and arrive to early you get fined if your late you can get turned away and fined.
So if your delayed due to diversions or heavy traffic how can you be held responsible for unforscene secumstances?
To often you are at a suppliers location on time and then sit there for hours on end. You then leave trying to chase your ■■■ to get to your delivery point and put your licence to risk of picking up points.

who’s TELLING you to put YOUR foot down? :laughing: if you’re TOO OLD! :sunglasses: you should know better! :wink: it’s not 'Ard! :smiley: and it’s NOT CLEVER ! Think of the children. :grimacing: :grimacing:

dts:

I don’t… I leave when I leave, and get to the next when I arrive… times are relatively irrelevant!! the fact of the matter is, they either want the stuff you’re carrying… or they don’t… simples really!

You are the driver, you hold the power…

:slight_smile:

B…

I don’t… I leave when I leave, and get to the next when I arrive… times are relatively irrelevant!! the fact of the matter is, they either want the stuff you’re carrying… or they don’t… simples really!

+1. Spot on…and lock the thread!

If I’m going to be late, I phone the office. Its then down to them to left the customer know what time I’ll be there.