Definitive answer

Is it law when doing pre driving vehicle checks that you must show at least 10minutes other work? As another driver at our company seems to think not, I always do but then i’ve been known to be wrong before :blush: Awaiting your replies helmet on :laughing:

No, just show some time. VOSA good practice advice is 15 minutes but as it will vary according to vehicle type, whether you are just waking up from a night out having driven the vehicle all the previous shift or have never seen the truck before there is no legal minimum time. My checks vary between about 2 minutes and 5 minutes.

What he said. Just a quick tyres, lights, etc…

It also depends if you have to check for damage and make any notes about it, we have to check unit and trailer for the usual checks and also mark down any damage and grade it 1 to 4. 1 being a light scratch 4 being a dent, so my checks tend to be longer more like 15 minutes and with the hooking up etc I doubt I’ll leave the yard till a good half hour after my start time.

Cheers for all the replies chaps,just getting back into driving after a bit time away from it so just making sure i’m ticking all the right boxes, If thats possible :unamused: :laughing: