defects help

i if i report defects what is a reasonable time to expect repairs to be carried out?

my manager doesnt bother doing anything till the vehicle goes for it’s 8 weekly or mot

examples of defects currently not rectified

1. indicator broken completely off

2. no orange o licence disc on display on our new truck

3. brake warning lights showing on our van (8 months)

4.failing to get 8 weekly inspections one on time

ive reported manager to head office they dont seem to care either

he decides pretty much everything is not a major defect then insists we continue

The reasonable time before the defect is rectified?

Any time before you ■■■■■■■ set off in the thing.

By the way, if it goes wrong en route, you stop and have it mended before you carry on.

Hope this helps.
W

dundun:
i if i report defects what is a reasonable time to expect repairs to be carried out?

Depends on the defect.

dundun:

1. indicator broken completely off

Sounds serious.

dundun:
2. no orange o licence disc on display on our new truck

Has it got a green one?
How new is the truck as it can take a few weeks to come through so not really an issue.

dundun:
3. brake warning lights showing on our van (8 months)

Chances are it’s just a sensor and not a real problem.

dundun:
4.failing to get 8 weekly inspections one on time

That is quite a biggie and could see your TM having coffee and cake with the TC.

If its got serious defects there is an easy fix… “Dont drive it”

A vehicle with a safety related defect should not be used. If you get stopped by the enforcement agencies (vosa) and there is a safety related defect on your vehicle that you should found on your checks before you used the vehicle expect to get fined, not just the company but also you personally. If you have an accident and kill somebody (hopefully not) with a defective vehicle then YOU will get done.

thanks guys i refuse but the other drivers do anything he says so it marks me as troublemaker :slight_smile:

the truck was registered in may 11 reg so it should be through by now ? i assume it’s the round orange disc?
i asked about it 3 weeks ago and it was “being sorted by fleet manager” where does that leave me?

also it doesn’t have a reversing beeper u’ not sure but isn’t that a legal requirement ?

Defect it on your report/defect book daily, and if you get stopped, you can prove that you’ve done so, and your boss has failed in his duty to rectify the problem. Make sure you carry a copy of the daily report.

Numbers 2 and 4 will attract the attention of the Vostapo at some point, and are not your problem anyhow.

Ken.

Indicators Serious Defect. You could get injured if someone takes umbrage at you on a roundabout. :stuck_out_tongue:

They have one month to sort out the O licence providing they have a margin. :unamused:

Brake Lights. No problem, they are working aren’t they? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 or 8 Weekly Inspections. Not your problem, as long as you have made it available to them. Dont take your keys home.

Always Fill out a defect book, in Fleet Number, write CYA

One thing that many do not realise is, if your company get a fleet check. VOSA are at liberty to pull the fitters van or MD’s Car over the ramp, whether it is on the licence or not

Wheel Nut:
Indicators Serious Defect. You could get injured if someone takes umbrage at you on a roundabout. :stuck_out_tongue:

They have one month to sort out the O licence providing they have a margin. :unamused:

Brake Lights. No problem, they are working aren’t they? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 or 8 Weekly Inspections. Not your problem, as long as you have made it available to them. Dont take your keys home.

Always Fill out a defect book, in Fleet Number, write CYA

One thing that many do not realise is, if your company get a fleet check. VOSA are at liberty to pull the fitters van or MD’s Car over the ramp, whether it is on the licence or not

Hey Wheel Nut,

I guess this reply is SubIronic as in Coffeholics current style…

The truth is… if it doesn’t work you can’t drive it… how can you oppose or find a loophole in that idea?

W

excellent thanks for the hep guys just a couple more questions

1. the vehicle was registered in may but has only been used for 2 weeks total is the 8 weekly required regardless ?

2. it doesnt have reversing beepers are they legaly required or optional ?