Defect App

Anyone else using a defect app on a smartphone? ours are timmed and GPS, got pulled up because I leave mine in the cab, I have a torch in 1 hand and a hammer in the other to check my nuts ( honestly I do), so no hand free for phone, they don’t have covers on them, so could be dropped/smashed when checking things like inside wheel on drive axle , ducking under trailer, was told by cpc man phone torch is not sufficient to do checks, can’t check nuts by just looking at them, have anyone else had an issues with them? we didn’t used to carry the paper books outside.

GPS on a defect reporting app, is this what’s it’s really coming to?! just another step closer to big brother watching you 24/7. So they no longer trust a driver has carried out his checks as most do on a daily basis as required so track him before he’s even set off. What utter rubbish. Yes I use an app… it’s called a piece of paper with loads of boxes to tick on it. I check everything on there and then return to cab and fill it out. I understand tm has arse to cover so random gate checks fulfil that requirement. But tracking you as you walk around? that’s a bit extreme really

Next you’ll be tracked when you go to the toilet.

AFAIK, the GPS is only to show where you did it, rather than track you to the millimetre as you go around the vehicle. It’s timed for a fair reason and to cover the driver when you think about the expectation of taking @ 10 mins to do the checks.
Whether you actually do them or not is back to the usual question - why not?

We used to for about 6 months then they binned it. As at times it wasn’t being sent to the office. We was being called in for not doing it despite the fact we had n pressed ok and half of them never reached the office

Or more likely they did but got deleted.

As for your torch dark problem.
You want to buy a head torch with led light.
I bought one ages ago cost about a fiver .Can get them.from.tool station b m etc.
Use rechargeable battery and best thing ever bought