Deductions from wages

44 Tonne Ton:

shuttlespanker:
iIRC, the OP has already said in another thread that his ex-boss was about as dodgy as they come

He’s not exactly Driver of the Year himself! :grimacing:

I never said he was, that’s why when he hinted he would like to work for me on another forum, I very nearly wet myself laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seams like you have a interesting accident history , but they are not allowed to deduct any money out of your wages without an agreement I know this because every job I have got because of my age I have agreed the pay the extra excess or for damages to be repaired whichever is cheaper. Every company I have worked for have had to add this into my contract or they would not be allowed to take the money out.

I can drive so have not had any money taken out though :wink:

shuttlespanker:

44 Tonne Ton:

shuttlespanker:
iIRC, the OP has already said in another thread that his ex-boss was about as dodgy as they come

I never said he was, that’s why when he hinted he would like to work for me on another forum, I very nearly wet myself laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was thinking along those lines myself. But I thought better of posting it, as the ZB,-- (mods please note. I censor my own posts now thanks :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: )-- would have hit the fan big-style if I had, and he,d have swore at me :angry: :angry: . And chucked his dummy at me, and stuff like that. :laughing: :laughing: .
He doesn.t seem to get it this guy, for some reason. The more he posts. The bigger the pillock he makes himself look. :unamused: :unamused:
I think it,s time that I headed for safety of the boozer; Taking care as I cross the road, in case I get mowed down by a tour bus from Basingstoke way :wink: :wink:

Buycrider:

shuttlespanker:

44 Tonne Ton:

shuttlespanker:

I was thinking along those lines myself. But I thought better of posting it, as the ZB,-- (mods please note. I censor my own posts now thanks :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: )-- would have hit the fan big-style if I had, and he,d have swore at me :angry: :angry: . And chucked his dummy at me, and stuff like that. :laughing: :laughing: .
He doesn.t seem to get it this guy, for some reason. The more he posts. The bigger the pillock he makes himself look. :unamused: :unamused:
I think it,s time that I headed for safety of the boozer; Taking care as I cross the road, in case I get mowed down by a tour bus from Basingstoke way :wink: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buycrider:
ZB,-- (mods please note. I censor my own posts now thanks :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: )–

Duly noted, thanks.

:grimacing: Now mind that bus and enjoy your pint!! :laughing: :laughing:

:wink:

This lot are looking for drivers and they seem fair enough!

dodgemhire.net/

:grimacing:

I think you need to have sit down and think about what you really want to do, as you are starting to become a “legend in your own lunchtime” all for the wrong reasons! :wink:
Are you seriously telling us as a “professional” driver, you would get out of bed for £200 quid a week which if my maths are correct is £10,400 quid a year, please tell me this is at least after stoppages? (Even so the old saying if you pay peanuts you get monkeys springs to mind :blush: ) And you accepted a post dated cheque, have you not seen the signs in most retailers which do not accept personal cheques anymore?

For £70 quid you are going to have to mark this one down to experience, if you go to court is your new employer going to give you PAID time off work so you can claim back the money, if not, you need to do the maths pretty quick!

Over the years you will look back and say that NDs wasn’t such a bad number after all!

DAF95XF:
Im not swallowing this one, he was guaranteeing me a guaranteed £200 a week, which was crap, and he’s only given £115 for my last week :imp:

He’s having a giraffe.

Harry Monk:

DAF95XF:
Im not swallowing this one, he was guaranteeing me a guaranteed £200 a week, which was crap, and he’s only given £115 for my last week :imp:

He’s having a giraffe.

I thought it had already been decided… t’was a monkey!

Message to Daf95xf. Stuart. I apologise for the sarky posts that I submit , when I decide to repond to one of your posts. I shall do it NO MORE.It is not my style to put the boot in,–in life in general–, or on this forum, when a poster is on the recieving end of a malleting. But you really are your own worst enemy at times. You seem to invite hassle.

Stop telling us about the ZB( :wink: :wink: DD)ups, just tell us about all the positives of the job that you are doing now.As a bus driver, you will go to places which are every bit as interesting as anywhere that you would be likely to go in a waggon. Tell us about that. Where you,ve been. What you,ve seen. Make us all wish that we were all Bus Drivers. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You also need to decide for yourself. Am I a better Bus Driver than I am a Waggon driver. If the answer is Yes.Then stick with the buses. If the answer is No. Then , as you have stated that Norbert will have you back as an employee; Then get back with them. You never know, you might one day end up as DM at Northampton Depot, and you will be able to give Jon “Garnerlives” some severe stick for his lack of support at times, on here. Good Luck. I mean that!.

Hear Hear!
If we can’t take the ■■■■ then what can we do?

44 Tonne Ton:
Just for once I think you should swallow it. Just how much damage have you caused so far in your driving career? I think you’re getting off lightly! :wink:

Why should he swallow it. Equipment damage is part & parcel of any industry. Why not go further & get him to pay for the extra diesel as well if he gets lost, or goes to the wrong address ? :unamused: .
Ok if you have a driver who’s always bending the vehicle, you have to give him the elbow because he’s incompetent, but everyone makes mistakes.

As for the original question, this bloke is technically stealing from you. If you really get stuck PC Plod might be worth talking to, if you have supporting evidence, though a employment solicitor, CAB, or employment tribunal would be my first calls.
I know it’s tempting to steam in & sabotage his coaches with fish / ■■■■■■■■ on his desk, or whatever, but 9 times /10 you’ll find it’ll come back & bite you one or other & your still £70 down.

Have a look here:http://www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk/. When I had a problem with my last employer, they along with ACAS, were very helpful. :wink:
Revenge & or justice are both dishes best served cold.

JUST PUNCH THE ■■■■■ LUNGS IN! :smiling_imp:

Secretelephant:
Why should he swallow it. Equipment damage is part & parcel of any industry. Why not go further & get him to pay for the extra diesel as well if he gets lost, or goes to the wrong address ? :unamused: .

Quite right, office wallahs don’t have money deducted from their wages when they make mistakes, and I have had far more delays due to poor information and paperwork than from anything I have ever done wrong.

It is written in stone that you do not pay for truck repairs. They can employ you or sack you, but you do not pay the everyday running costs of the vehicle out of your wages.

Personally i would chalk down to experience and move on far to much stress over a few pound i worked for a guy for 2 years through good and bad times when i left he wished every bit of bad luck he could on me i just said well i hope it works out for you be the better man rise above it

£70 for a new mirror and a bit of paintwork… :open_mouth: …THATS A BARGAIN

Buycrider:
Message to Daf95xf. Stuart. I apologise for the sarky posts that I submit , when I decide to repond to one of your posts. I shall do it NO MORE.It is not my style to put the boot in,–in life in general–, or on this forum, when a poster is on the recieving end of a malleting. But you really are your own worst enemy at times. You seem to invite hassle.

Its spelt Stewart actually but I’ll forgive you as thats the way everyone else spells it :laughing:

Stop telling us about the ZB( :wink: :wink: DD)ups, just tell us about all the positives of the job that you are doing now.As a bus driver, you will go to places which are every bit as interesting as anywhere that you would be likely to go in a waggon. Tell us about that. Where you,ve been. What you,ve seen. Make us all wish that we were all Bus Drivers. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I dont really go anywhere interesting very often as the firms bread and butter work is contracts for busisnesses with the odd private hire thrown in :wink:
If I was still driving trucks then I most likely wouldnt have had a tour around Newcastle Uniteds ground at the weekend and get paid for it or got a £50 tip before they’d even got on the coach to go to Newcastle at the weekend for turning a blind eye to the drinking :wink:

You also need to decide for yourself. Am I a better Bus Driver than I am a Waggon driver. If the answer is Yes.Then stick with the buses. If the answer is No. Then , as you have stated that Norbert will have you back as an employee; Then get back with them. You never know, you might one day end up as DM at Northampton Depot, and you will be able to give Jon “Garnerlives” some severe stick for his lack of support at times, on here. Good Luck. I mean that!.

I’d prefer to be back driving trucks but I got a bit fed up with working nights at Norberts then doing multidrop for another firm and I guess bus/coach driving is what I know better and I guess was like a comfort blanket if you know what I mean?
I was never based at Northampton, I was just doing a nightly trunk to there and occasionally, erm, persuaded Jon to buy the odd coffee :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Bizzarely a mate of mine phoned yesterday about Sainsburys needing more drivers soon and Paul Matthews Transport left me a message asking me to call them back after I applied to them a few monthes ago - why do they always call back when you’ve just found a decent job :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: