Dedicated to Fodens. Paccar's biggest mistake. R.I.P!

Kirkham GVTS today

jefferies old foden.jpg
jefferies rigid foden.jpg

a couple of jefferies fodens

Lawrence Dunbar:

hiya,
Larry have you ever seen a pic of Salkeld’s Fodens on here they had a sizeable fleet and I think every one was a Foden, that outfit was long established but just seemed to vanish overnight wonder what happened to all the wagons, those two strokes did sound a bit special…
thanks harry long retired.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Mr Dunbar, was this unit ex British Oxygen? I remember a batch they got at Teesport had 680? Leyland engines, my old man used to drive one, if I remember correctly they were flying machines. Regards, Mizzo.

Yes, it was a BOC motor 680 PP. & the 12 sp. Foden box 52 mph. with a gear for every hill of course, I used to haul spratts up to Frazerburgh when in season never let me down once, It had a Kiazor Shutter on which was a bonus in the winter. It could hold its own with anything in those good days. Regards Larry

150 Gardner 12 Sp. Another good motor

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:

hiya,
Larry have you ever seen a pic of Salkeld’s Fodens on here they had a sizeable fleet and I think every one was a Foden, that outfit was long established but just seemed to vanish overnight wonder what happened to all the wagons, those two strokes did sound a bit special…
thanks harry long retired.

I remember them very well, I would love to see photos of the. They were taken over into the J.S.Y. Group, Jonhson, Salkeld Young, They are now Wards I think.■■. Regards Larry

VS01909.jpg

10-22-2010_010.JPG

A rather special Foden converted into a six wheeler as you can see , but the rear axles on rubber suspension are SedAtki Brian was a genius when a bit of special engineering was needed,in fact he was never stuck for anything,he allways found a solution. A true gent.Regards Larry

nice example spotted today in sunny Silloth

last year m62 services

Hello C10HOO,
Great photos, I see that lorry a lot on my travels in North ■■■■■■■■
Heres some other Fodens.
■■■■■■■■ Gill

A few from a firm I used to work for

Just realised that I haven’t posted any Foden pics, considering I had most of my driving career in them!

The first photo is one of the last eight wheelers that TILCON put on the road in our area, had it new in May '86 and kept it until November '97 when I got the P reg new. Jacked in after another twelve months and went on a D reg six wheeler, no pics of that or my other drives I’m afraid.

Pete.

Had to post these, not all mine but still working hardest off all