Decisions on courses

Hi there,

So passed cat c(class 2) today.

Thinking of what to do next. Do I go on and do class 1 or hiab,flt or adr course?

I put the money aside so just need to decide what to do next. Would you get a job class 2 adr for example or better to do class 1 and do long distance?

Cheers

Congrats on the cat c pass.

I’ve been thinking about the same thing so will be interested in peoples opinions but my current thoughts are I see a lot more C+E vacancies advertised so am likely to take that route. even if I cant get much class 1 work initially due to lack of experience at least once its held then i’m gaining time on the must of held licence for 2 years for insurance reasons criteria.

Personally I’d say if you want to eventually drive artics, not everyone does, go for your class 1, it will open up a wider scope of work that’s available for you.

:smiley: :smiley:

thanks guys.

i do think i would like to go onto the artics but was thinking about waiting until next year so i can get another ila and save up a bit.

i can get a discount on the adr just now and there is a quite a few cat c adr jobs round where i live at moment via agency.

just not sure whether to jump into the class 1 now while i am still in learning mode if you know what i mean.

I would do my CE it will open more doors for you agencies can soon dry up with work

It did open more doors fro me than ADR

I dont think an agency would give a just passed driver an adr job, even normal class 2 they want experience. I wouls start knocking doors for jobs and do your class 1.

Got to agree with the above. I have got class one and adr, however do not feel anyone will give me a go adr, just got it for a cv filler and part of a deal when took my tests. Plus 21 hours count towards cpc.

Get your class one under your belt.