decent tv aerial

Hi lads looking for some help in buying a good digital tv aerial . I have got one of those amp powered moonraker ones at mo which isnt too bad but lacks in some places i go to . Also triedthe avtex 200 but found sucker mount to be rubbish after a while. So any suggestions would be most welcome . Cheers paul .

Can highly recommend this.

screwfix.com/p/labgear-mini- … rial/67576

I’d recommend the Omnimax arial which has no problems picking up channels anywhere. It is a bit on the dear side you can pay between £70-£90 on e bay for one but you get what you pay for imo. Also why not purchase an arial pole and fittings from B&Q for around £25, the arial slots on top of the pole, attach it to the fairing support bars on the back of your unit with the fittings and feed the wires through into the cab ( If you have your own unit)

i saw a unit last week bobtailing and the bloke had mounted a normal external arial (like a roof one) the the bar under the wind deflector on the roof of the unit.

completley hidden unless bobtailing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

chainmailguy:
i saw a unit last week bobtailing and the bloke had mounted a normal external arial (like a roof one) the the bar under the wind deflector on the roof of the unit.

completley hidden unless bobtailing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I did a similar thing, but these aerials are directional and have to be pointed in the right direction. Which isn’t a problem if you have a signal meter attached. I had mine fixed to the wind deflector framework, a couple of thumb screws enabled me to swing it out from under the deflector, lift it up, (you could use camping sectional poles), point / tune it in the right direction and Bobs ya grandma. Just remember to stow it away the next morning before setting off to your 1st drop :blush:

I use now an omnimax, and cost around £60, but what a great aeriel, it can fit in the window, and wind it up to secure…i can get stations around europe too…but only the stations of the country i am in, the tv has its own inbuilt freview, and sattelite box.
I used to carry a sky box, and 80cm dish as well, and mounted it on the front screen via twin suction pad…dont use it anymore if some one needs one for a cheap price ( £50 )

I use a necvox magnetic one that I plonk on the roof and then feed the wire through the side of the passenger door and shut on it. It’s generally ok, and can pick up digital channels in most places, although some places are better than others. Costs about £30.