Decent trainer?

Here goes…

Medical, tick. Provisional C licence back, tick.

Just need a course…

Any recommendations for a C course around the Tamworth area? Ive driven a 7.5t for 12 months so I’m hoping it should be straight forward … I would be looking to go for the CE ASAP afterwards.
Thanks in anticipation
Chris

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

I also found this cylex-uk.co.uk/company/ken-p … 31598.html but I know nothing about them or whether they are still trading

ROG:
I also found this cylex-uk.co.uk/company/ken-p … 31598.html but I know nothing about them or whether they are still trading

Ken’s Facebook page says he is still trading

Even though it would mean traveling I would recommend going to Peter Smyth they sort out excellent accommodation. I went from Liverpool to them in Mansfield and can not fault them… I did my CE and D and CPC C and CPC D with them in one day and only failed my D with 1 serious. I got a clean sheet on my CE and 100% on both CPCs. The fail on cat D was completely my fault not paying attention to a bend properly.

Also I would not take any driving of 7.5ton into account when booking your course its a completely different ball game compared with when you get into anything bigger or with a trailer on the back. Dont get me wrong it will help but dont think because you can get round in a 7.5ton you are going to be up to test standard for class 2 easily because I found it very different.

If you are currently driving a 7.5 then get someone to tell you want the DSA want on a C test and then practise it in the 7.5

One good way of practicing is trying NEVER to come to a stop as that will improve your observations and planning
you should find that you brake much earlier and then select a lower gear to crawl in and it WILL feel like you are braking tooooooooo early but the reality should be that you make better overall progress

Be advised that those behind you may not expect you to brake earlier and deeper than they usually do so be aware of that but do not adjust to fit in with them - just think how you can control the situation