Decent new (but cheapish) fridge required

Heard on the grapevine that Aldi had some £30 fridges in which have settings for 12/24/240 and wanted to get one for my mate Keith as he’s been wittering on about his packing up and it’s his birthday soon.

Went down to Aldi at Beeston next to PC World in Leeds today and they haven’t got any.

Anyone any suggestions where I can get one for Monday fairly locally, reasonably cheap and multi power options :confused: :question:

Thanks.

Halfords normally have a few in, not sure if you will get a mains and dual voltage for 30 quid though.

They have a little electric cool box that looks like these fancy American fridges for £33

Otherwise Maplins were doing some winter deals :unamused:

I shall investigate, thanks.

Rob K:

a store called BIG Ws often have the cheaper cool boxes in stock rob, dont know if theres 1 near you.

i actually got mine from wooly,s £25.00… :wink:

ohterry:

Rob K:

a store called BIG Ws often have the cheaper cool boxes in stock rob, dont know if theres 1 near you.

i actually got mine from wooly,s £25.00… :wink:

Thanks, but aren’t Big W and Woolies the same place :question: :laughing:

Hi Rob

got mine from our local garage for about £35. It’s a sort of cool box that plugs in to your 12v/24v socket. It’s plenty big enough though.

Rob.

Got a flyer through the mailbox today,and in it,Argos are doing a one at £14.99,catalogue number 271/7339.

It looks like it will take about 4-6 cans,which should be enough,and it’s 12/240v.

argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store … ms=2717339

Ken.

i used to get all my stuff at barrets of feckingham

you as go to the a1 from garforth on a63 where the hilton hotel roundabout is follow for the a1 and you go up garforth cliff well before you get to the a1 barrets the garden center is on the left and you can park the lorry in the slip road in.

the auto censor won’t let you say the place but I think this is the one
barrettsoutdoor.co.uk/stores/stores_g.htm Denis F

jessicas dad:
i used to get all my stuff at barrets of [zb]

you as go to the a1 from garforth on a63 where the hilton hotel roundabout is follow for the a1 and you go up garforth cliff well before you get to the a1 barrets the garden center is on the left and you can park the lorry in the slip road in.

Where exactly are Barrets?

I just wondered why the auto censor had stopped you naming a village :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

jessicas dad:

I just wondered why the auto censor had stopped you naming a village :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the place is called ■■■■■■■■■■

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

jessicas dad:

I think the place is called [zb].

:open_mouth: :angry:

F-e-ckenham.

a cheap fridge is okay if you are not out every day and not dependent
on the contents,but i have learnt from being in places where it is much better a good quality compressor fridge in the cab than one of the petter
type. my fridge will go down in temperture to -18c which eans my drinks and food will stay fresh and cold even when the tempreture inside the cabin is high,

yep thats the place its great for all your outdoor stuff like fridges plastic plates and gas bottles all at a good price and only 2 mins from a1.

looked at a cool box fridge type thingy in Woolworths today, It was only small and in the shape of a budwisier fridge. I looked on the box and it said it needed 12v 40w. I nealy picked it up but don’t knew weather a 6 amp dropper will run it?

marlow:
looked at a cool box fridge type thingy in Woolworths today, It was only small and in the shape of a budwisier fridge. I looked on the box and it said it needed 12v 40w. I nealy picked it up but don’t knew weather a 6 amp dropper will run it?

according to the trial version of Lectricalc I’ve got here

arkansoft.com/LectriCalc.html

12v 40w is 3.3amps

I remember from school ( a long time ago!) the formula
Power (W) = Volts x Amps

12 x 3.3 = 39.6 - so lectricalc must be fairly close !!

My sister bought me one of those woolworths" micro chillers" about a year ago
( mine says 12v35w ) but I havent used it as I thought the droppers were too pricey (£20+ in the hut in Exeter MSA)

thanks Dennis,

I’ll have a go at one of them, I think they were about 30quid