Decent firms to tramp for around Doncaster/Immingham/Sherbur

Does anyone know any good companies to work for? I’m based in Hull so don’t want to travel too far, don’t mind travelling upto 1 hour but the less the better. I know there is Wincanton in Doncaster does anyone know what they are like? Or stobarts in Sherburn… Cheers

M&H Transport in Hull are advertising for trampers at the moment I think

Can you tell me anything about M&H transport in Hull ?

Who is M&H mate ? I’m on containers at the minute but the money is crap and the T&C , ideally I would like to be on days but there isn’t a firm that pays the money I need for days. Not bothered about “grafting” just want to work for a decent firm for a change lol !

Smoggie89:
Does anyone know any good companies to work for? I’m based in Hull so don’t want to travel too far, don’t mind travelling upto 1 hour but the less the better. I know there is Wincanton in Doncaster does anyone know what they are like? Or stobarts in Sherburn… Cheers

There’s a lad from hull tramping out of our depot , sure he tried to get on tramping out of sherburn , think it’s where there more desperate for drivers , from our depot hull must be 1 1/2 hrs I’d of thought , it might be once a week but I’d not do that

Smoggie89:
Who is M&H mate ? I’m on containers at the minute but the money is crap and the T&C , ideally I would like to be on days but there isn’t a firm that pays the money I need for days. Not bothered about “grafting” just want to work for a decent firm for a change lol !

Sorry I don’t know a lot about them other than they have some of their own trucks and also operate as a freight forwarder with subbies. Maybe give 'em a ring to find out more about the kind of work they do, no harm in asking.

Advert is here mhtransport.eu/careers

dozy:

Smoggie89:

There’s a lad from hull tramping out of our depot , sure he tried to get on tramping out of sherburn , think it’s where there more desperate for drivers , from our depot hull must be 1 1/2 hrs I’d of thought , it might be once a week but I’d not do that

I take it your on for stobarts mate ? What’s it like pay/hours etc if you don’t mind me asking mate ? Sick of working for crap money and not getting looked after !

Humberside haulage are after a driver, tramping,walking floor sure they pull for Hargreaves… The chap is called Pete

yt03:
Humberside haulage are after a driver, tramping,walking floor sure they pull for Hargreaves… The chap is called Pete

Thanks mate I’ll give them a ring

Smoggie89:

yt03:

Was only advertised this morning…

yt03:

Smoggie89:

yt03:

Was only advertised this morning…

I’ve got there num going to give them a bell tomorrow.

Smoggie89:

dozy:

Smoggie89:

I take it your on for stobarts mate ? What’s it like pay/hours etc if you don’t mind me asking mate ? Sick of working for crap money and not getting looked after !

Yours sounds like ours to be honest so I don’t think you’d gain anything by moving to us , I know the lad from hull wasn’t happy over the way he was being talked too , it’s the same old/ same old I’m afraid , but then applys to most jobs these days

dozy:

Smoggie89:

dozy:

Smoggie89:

Yours sounds like ours to be honest so I don’t think you’d gain anything by moving to us , I know the lad from hull wasn’t happy over the way he was being talked too , it’s the same old/ same old I’m afraid , but then applys to most jobs these days

Yeah I know what your saying mate, have to keep plugging away for the time being lol hopefully the saying good things come to those who wait is true :smiley: