Decent agencys around rotherham area?

Can anyone recommened any decent agencies around rotherham area if there is any lol. Ones to avoid etc? Thanks

He seeks the Holy Grail …
Other than that its trial & error… and at this time of year its more error + trial = heartache + empty wallet for the most experienced agy drivers.
Those lower down the pecking order, & those trying to fit agy driving around “another job” will fair much worse off than those doing it regularly

Maybe you should take a look at the advertising hoarding on the wall close to the sorting office opposite wetherspoons :wink:

peirre:
Those lower down the pecking order, & those trying to fit agy driving around “another job” will fair much worse off than those doing it regularly

Fully agree with that, but luckily my ‘other’ job is picking up very well at the moment, with more coming on in the new financial year. Been quite nice giving certain people a taste of their own medicine this time of year :grimacing: :grimacing:

The volume of agy work in the Rotherham area is very hit & miss ATM, with the smaller agencies fighting over the work that there is, such as the supermarket Trolly work, with the supermarket DCs changing agencies on an ever increasing basis & drivers having to travel further and further to get to the jobs. The closure of the tesco donny site has seen drivers having to travel to Goole. Some drivers are turning down work at Goole due to the travelling distances involved. I regularly getting calls & TXT messages from smaller agys asking if Ill work there, and elsewhere.
Rates paid for the smaller contracts (for 1-10 drivers supplied a day) have been squeezed & cut by the undercutting of rates by the smaller agencies. The £10+ p/hr rates are vertually non exisitant on these jobs. Theres also an increased aggressive expansion by 1 or 2 larger agencies in the area that are starting to monopolise multi-site contracts for multinational companies such as DHL. Even then at this time of the year, sites such as DHL are only using 1-5 agy drivers per day during the week, instead of 20+ & this work is being given to drivers who are higher up the pecking order, and know the job & procedures at those sites. So someone (inc the OP) trying to get a start with these agys will be at a disadvantage.
I hate to sound negative, but the OP will just have to take a leap of faith, sign up with anyone and everyone and hope for the best, taking any job offered, even the crap stuff at the last minute, even if it doesnt suit them, just to get the foot in the door. But at this time of year I doubt the OP would make a living wage driving for the agys

I had a period of working for a company called Talstaff they always saw me right, having said that I never said no to anything as I was just starting out. Don’t know if it is the same there still?

Ah ah ah , good agency’s in rovrum lad.
You should have a gig in the comedy store. Lol

Norfolknewbie:
I had a period of working for a company called Talstaff they always saw me right, having said that I never said no to anything as I was just starting out.

A few years ago when the bleak period kicked in, I signed up with them, however I never got any work from them :unamused:
but in the run up to every Xmas since they dig deep into the archives, & I end up receiving a long winded phone call from them asking if I`m still looking for work, then I hear nothing from them for another 12 months

Norfolknewbie:
Don’t know if it is the same there still?

They moved offices from the Globe works on Maltravers Rd to a shared office within a hauliers yard just off the A57 near handsworth/beighton

Hi, If you have transport and don`t mind travelling try Gist carlton ind est Barnsley they have there own agency.

frenchflyer:
Hi, If you have transport and don`t mind travelling try Gist carlton ind est Barnsley they have there own agency.

I get the impression from the OP’s past threads & enquiries, that they don’t like venturing far from home turf & GIST Carlton maybe a little far for them to travel… Though I could be wrong

A fella at work told me that B&Q at Redhouse are looking for agency drivers, I think they are using transline, I’ll double check with the fella who told me tomorrow

Transline also supply asda redhouse (wincanton)good job trunking trs to rdcs didcot/Washington/chepstow/lutterworth.transline office is at castleford in Argos yard

taskmaster was advertising for drivers for DIY chain at redhouse i presumed that was B&Q aswell, really thinking about taking the plunge onto the agencys. do you recon asda/B&Q may offer you full time posistions if you get your foot in the door doing agency shifts.

lgamston:
do you recon asda/B&Q may offer you full time posistions if you get your foot in the door doing agency shifts.

In a nutshell … NO
I’ve had experience of these depots, and I can assure you the agency drivers are just bums on seat steeering wheel attendants, & they have no interest in setting drivers on while they can get a steady supply of agy drivers

If your ultimate aim is to find a full time job via this route you will most likely be disappointed

peirre:

lgamston:
do you recon asda/B&Q may offer you full time posistions if you get your foot in the door doing agency shifts.

In a nutshell … NO
I’ve had experience of these depots, and I can assure you the agency drivers are just bums on seat steeering wheel attendants, & they have no interest in setting drivers on while they can get a steady supply of agy drivers

If your ultimate aim is to find a full time job via this route you will most likely be disappointed

ok thanks for that, currently full time on flatbed steel work in rotherham but works dropped off bigtime last 18 months and so has pay! so just really just looking for options at the moment.

peirre:

lgamston:

In a nutshell … NO

I know of quite a few drivers at ASDA Normanton whom got in through the agency route - that said I last worked for the ASDA back in 2006 - 2007

peirre:

Norfolknewbie:
I had a period of working for a company called Talstaff they always saw me right, having said that I never said no to anything as I was just starting out.

A few years ago when the bleak period kicked in, I signed up with them, however I never got any work from them :unamused:
but in the run up to every Xmas since they dig deep into the archives, & I end up receiving a long winded phone call from them asking if I`m still looking for work, then I hear nothing from them for another 12 months

Norfolknewbie:
Don’t know if it is the same there still?

They moved offices from the Globe works on Maltravers Rd to a shared office within a hauliers yard just off the A57 near handsworth/beighton

It was mainly GEFCO work and an egg run they covered for TAL Eurospecial