Debate what are these cameras on the m2

Me and my pal are debating about these cameras. I am telling him they are anpr cameras. He thinks they are to catch you on your mobile. What do you think? I don’t think mobile dection cameras are in the UK on our motorways as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Moved to the PDF.

I thought that they monitored traffic flow speeds and the results have uses such as sat nav route avoidance etc. I’m probably wrong though.

Closest I can find is ANPR cameras for the various “you’re not coming in here laddo” type charging schemes.

There are apparently some similar ones used for congestion charging in 2007 although they were in rows covering each lane.

Scroll down towards the bottom for pics:
pistonheads.com/gassing/top … 0&t=441518

Even if they are used for that (no idea where Cobham is) I would imagine they could be used for all sorts of similar stuff.

Alternatively, its the end of a Startrek transporter style device so the lizard people can teleport in and out of London to give new instructions to Citizen Kahn. Maybe… :open_mouth:

They’re thought beams designed to intercept our thoughts.

They draw a blank on some drivers though :laughing:

I think they are there to catch people using a camera whilst driving :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I’d suggest there to monitor traffic flow traffic speed etc.and are linked to the smart motorway system so an operator can change the signs accordingly.

Theres some on the M2 London bound between A229 and the River Medway junctions and I asked the camera people a few years back and they replied its to monitor traffic flow.
Think theres some on Bluebell Hill as well.