Death help

Sorry for morbid title but after some help
My daughters boyfriends dad died , went in hospital & died within days , riddled with cancer , sad
Problem is he was single , no will , my girl is asking how do they go on , I’ve had loads of deaths in family but never dealt with it
So there’s just the kids , no will , I suggested to contact a solicitor , obviously undertaker , she / boyfriend are panicking about taking stuff from house to sort out bills etc , I can’t see a issue with that , someone has too
So not a subject I guess people want to talk about , but any info would be much appreciated in, thanks

gov.uk/applying-for-probate

gov.uk/inherits-someone-dies-without-will

If, as you say, no living partner. Then “The estate is shared equally between the living children.”

dozy:
, I suggested to contact a solicitor ,

complete waste of money in my opinion. When my mum died, we gave it to the family solicitors to resolve and cost thousands. When my dad died I dealt with probate myself

obviously undertaker ,

not obvious at all. Did he express any wishes? Would they consider direct cremation? Or natural burial?

she / boyfriend are panicking about taking stuff from house to sort out bills etc , I can’t see a issue with that , someone has too

boyfriend (son of deceased) (only child?) Will automatically be the administrator of the deceased without a will so can do what he likes if it’s in the best interests of administrating the estate.

Depends what you want regarding body disposal

My personal choice would be to use somebody like pure cremations who collect the body from the hospital morgue then I would choose - and have done so - not to have anything more to do with it because I still have the same memories whatever I chose to do or not do

Just my personal viewpoint

DONT go through a solictor as stu said do probate online gov.com,sadly i’ve done it 3 times in 2 years and it’s quite simple… even with a will in your situation you need probate…