Death at humber sea terminal

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Docks-tragedy-Dozens-social-media-pay-respects/story-21132765-detail/story.html

a good man lost his life this week, just doing his job, it really has shook us all to the core.

philgor:
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Docks-tragedy-Dozens-social-media-pay-respects/story-21132765-detail/story.html

a good man lost his life this week, just doing his job, it really has shook us all to the core.

RIP ,thats a terrible way to die :frowning:

RIP, ■■■■ way to go.

I’ve nearly run some one over once or twice when they’ve walked too close to the cab just before you pull off, not saying that’s what’s happened here but you gotta be so careful.

Any death is a sad loss but could it have been avoided, He was a tyre fitter …

Mr Kelly said a post mortem examination concluded that Mr McArdle died from mechanical (traumatic) asphyxia, which is consistent with crushing.
Emergency services were called at about 4pm on Monday after Mr McArdle became trapped beneath a lorry.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, Immingham Freight Services, Clough Lane, North Killingholme, by paramedics.

dear God, poor ■■■■■■■

R.I.P a bad way to die but it seems to happen to much these days

I dont want to be a CSI but it seems that he was working on a truck and somehow got crushed beneath it, maybe he was underneath and the jack collapsed, maybe someone will come along later and tell us, but he sounded like a great fella and was well liked by all who knew him, 24 years is a long time with one company and will be missed by all who knew him, its a very dangerous job he did and one we all take for granted,
RIP.

SNOWY from DSV told me yesterday at haydock, RIP pal! :cry:

We all moan that h and s as gone crackers then you read about something like this you realise why it as gone crackers,really really terrible ,i cant even imagine how is family and all who are concerned are feeling :frowning:

truckyboy:
I dont want to be a CSI but it seems that he was working on a truck and somehow got crushed beneath it, maybe he was underneath and the jack collapsed, maybe someone will come along later and tell us, but he sounded like a great fella and was well liked by all who knew him, 24 years is a long time with one company and will be missed by all who knew him, its a very dangerous job he did and one we all take for granted,
RIP.

he had problems taking the wheel off, and hit the jack underneath with his sledgehammer. The wagon fell down and crushed him! RIP. SNOWY FROM DSV told me yesterday as it was his friend, no csi on this one

Fatboy slimslow:

truckyboy:
RIP.

he had problems taking the wheel off, and hit the jack underneath with his sledgehammer. The wagon fell down and crushed him! RIP. SNOWY FROM DSV told me yesterday as it was his friend, no csi on this one

Just shows how dangerous lorries are hope his family are alright

Fatboy slimslow:

just hope others will learn and place additional support before getting under
When doing the car i’ll always shove the spare under just in case ( I know its not the same with a truck or trl but every little helps).