Dealing with the police

I,ve had 3 situations recently when I,ve had to deal with the police . The first was when I was assaulted in my own home i.e punched in the face . They did nothing when they finnally turned up 36 hours to late. The second was when I had my car stolen and it cost me £130 to get it back from the recoverers even though I found the car myself but because it had been reported missing it had become a police matter. Ive Just recieved a notice to say I was flashed by a camera on the A5 doing 46mph on a 50 road but in the truck. The good old Warwickshire plod are on the ball now, most efficient, bless em!
Roll on the day I,m in Greece for good.

So the Police are are no longer on your Christmas card list? :wink: :smiley:

Tiger.

lefkasman:
I was flashed by a camera on the A5 doing 46mph on a 50 road but in the truck

Near Stratford upon avon by any chance?

ROG:

lefkasman:

no i reckon Red Gates on A5 atherstone to nuneaton

The second was when I had my car stolen and it cost me £130 to get it back from the recoverers even though I found the car myself but because it had been reported missing it had become a police matter

thats a shame that is because in cambs if you report the car nicked we ask you if you will let the police recover it and give you the chance to get it yourself and if you do recover it we will then get CSI out to your house and do the stuff there.

sorry to hear that

when mine was stolen i was given the option of them recovering it or me. If they recovered it it went to their compound and cost me £100 to get it back. If i recovered it they called once to tell me where it was, if i didn’t answer the phone thats my problem, if its raided for bits before i get there thats my problem.

Either way i didn’t get it back :unamused:

ROG:

lefkasman:

Dont think that camera works Rog if it does the Royal mail, Target, City link, parcle farce, Langdons, Stobbies, Spilers and Hertwell to name just a few would be paying for a new dual carrageway by now

a5 at red gate hits trucks over 40mph…has done for a year or two now…nailed lots of drivers when they first altered it.
i saw a truck get flashed by it last week.
that is 1 junction i have no problem with a speed camera…having lived nearby all my life and seeing how many lives have been lost there…and nealy been taken out myself on many occasions.
there was talk recently of putting a flyover/island there…then they altered the junction and added cameras and now its on hold cause the death rate has fallen.

ROG:

lefkasman:

Its a bugger that one ROG, the old sneaky one on the A5 by Stratford upon Avon, always catches a few out hey?!!! I think it has a beam that goes all the way down the Fosse Way :smiley:

Mike-C:

ROG:

lefkasman:

Its a bugger that one ROG, the old sneaky one on the A5 by Stratford upon Avon, always catches a few out hey?!!! I think it has a beam that goes all the way down the Fosse Way :smiley:

SENIOR MOMENT - thought it said A46 - DOH!!! :blush: :blush:

Why if you have found your own vehicle do the police recover it, you take it home and then get it looked at by the crime scene bods at a later stage. if they recover it to have it examined then they pay for it. As for the assualt. 36 hours is not a bad response time if the person is no longer there. the speed camera, don’t you just love them, not

mickyblue:
we will then get CSI out to your house and do the stuff there.

CSI :question: too much american telly in cambs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i remember the good old days when they were SOCO’s but that doesn’t sound flash :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

trust me its true they have changed it lol bring back SOCO

CSI: Peterborough lol

lefkasman:
I,ve had 3 situations recently when I,ve had to deal with the police . The first was when I was assaulted in my own home i.e punched in the face . They did nothing when they finnally turned up 36 hours to late. The second was when I had my car stolen and it cost me £130 to get it back from the recoverers even though I found the car myself but because it had been reported missing it had become a police matter. Ive Just recieved a notice to say I was flashed by a camera on the A5 doing 46mph on a 50 road but in the truck. The good old Warwickshire plod are on the ball now, most efficient, bless em!
Roll on the day I,m in Greece for good.

Greece is good :bulb: Find me too a Job :grimacing: