Dead quiet.

Was thinking about coming off fridges and going back on general but I think I’m gonna stay where I am. Everybody has to eat!

Harry Monk:
But if you think this is bad, just wait for 2013 and 2014, and particularly wait and see what happens when the USA starts moving interest rates upwards sometime in that timeframe and we have no choice but to follow suit. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

The wonderful irony is that when we do turn the corner interest rates will have to go up accordingly, or else the bubble will grow again. As soon as interest rates rise the zb really does hit the fan.

I’m looking forward to the excuses the politicians devise to blame anyone, absolutely anyone, for their inability to control the situation.

Stan

Stanley Knife:

Harry Monk:
But if you think this is bad, just wait for 2013 and 2014, and particularly wait and see what happens when the USA starts moving interest rates upwards sometime in that timeframe and we have no choice but to follow suit. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

The wonderful irony is that when we do turn the corner interest rates will have to go up accordingly, or else the bubble will grow again. As soon as interest rates rise the zb really does hit the fan.

I’m looking forward to the excuses the politicians devise to blame anyone, absolutely anyone, for their inability to control the situation.

Stan

You can’t really lay the blame completely at the door of Politicians, they get voted in by us and we want to buy things and don’t want to save for them.
So we pressure them to remove rules on credit limit, we then go and get stuff and live a life on credit and as keep getting shown the bubble can’t last forever.
We want the the goods at a cheap price, so we are prepared to buy stuff made in countries where the wages and conditions for the work force are far lower than we’d accept.
Therefore companies have to move operations to those countries to stand any chance of staying in business, of course we don’t really take much notice when yet another factory closes, until it affects us or our friends then it’s a disaster and something must be done.

We all think we entitled to own our own house, and don’t really see that we should have to save up like our grandparents did. We want it and we want it now, of course we can have 100% mortgage on 5 times our wages the price of a house will always rise to cover it.
And the banks give us credit, because it’s how they make money and if one bank doesn’t because they don’t like the risk another bank will.

We got ourselves into this state, because we want everything and aren’t willing to wait.

muckles:

Stanley Knife:

Harry Monk:

Stan

You can’t really lay the blame completely at the door of Politicians, they get voted in by us and we want to buy things and don’t want to save for them.
So we pressure them to remove rules on credit limit, we then go and get stuff and live a life on credit and as keep getting shown the bubble can’t last forever.
We want the the goods at a cheap price, so we are prepared to buy stuff made in countries where the wages and conditions for the work force are far lower than we’d accept.
Therefore companies have to move operations to those countries to stand any chance of staying in business, of course we don’t really take much notice when yet another factory closes, until it affects us or our friends then it’s a disaster and something must be done.

We all think we entitled to own our own house, and don’t really see that we should have to save up like our grandparents did. We want it and we want it now, of course we can have 100% mortgage on 5 times our wages the price of a house will always rise to cover it.
And the banks give us credit, because it’s how they make money and if one bank doesn’t because they don’t like the risk another bank will.

We got ourselves into this state, because we want everything and aren’t willing to wait.

The penny seems to be dropping at last .

Living within your means is a term I was brought up with, and it has served me well.

Wayne:
Living within your means is a term I was brought up with, and it has served me well.

I agree 100% with this , another quote I always use is " fly low and fly long " .

shugg:

The penny had dropped on this many years ago, I just couldn’t understand why other people couldn’t see it and were so smug that they had new cars, tellys and other goods all on credit.

muckles:

shugg:

The penny had dropped on this many years ago, I just couldn’t understand why other people couldn’t see it and were so smug that they had new cars, tellys and other goods all on credit.

If people don’t buy cars etc etc then the economy collapses.Which puts more people out of work and makes wages fall even further faster.So on and so forth.The problem we’ve got is one of having our manufacturing industries wiped out by the bankers so they could get bigger returns on the money earn’t here in the past by investing it in China etc etc.

We’ve then been left with a mickey mouse service industry based economy running up an ever increasing trade deficit and resulting debt.Because we’re having to import stuff which we could/should be making for ourselves and using mickey mouse printed money,which is all flogging,moving and storing imported goods earns us in the real world,which we’re then trying to use to pay for those imports which we don’t even need because we could be making them for ourselves.It’s the economics of the mad house and we’ve not even seen the start of where we’re eventually heading because of it.Yet. :unamused:

muckles:

shugg:

Yet these people then replaced said items before they were worn out; I bought a 206 brand new in 2002, and every year I got letters offering me silly % credit on a new one. The one I had was good enough and only sold it in 2010 because we’d got married, had a baby on the way so sold my car and hers as they’d starting costing more to get through mots etc. We bought a nearly new Fiesta and it’ll only be sold when it lets us down/costs us money.

I sold my motor at the end of February, I had worked on containers full time since 2000,my final six years as a dedicated haulier for OOCL. Myself, and many others on this contract had been struggling with a downturn in work over the last three years. The final straw was being told by one of the traffic office donkeys, (after being conned into a hurry up shipcatcher job to Liverpool), sorry we have no work for you for six weeks!!! So I’m not suprised to hear it’s still quiet workwise. It just makes my decision to cease trading seem to be a good move. Regards Kevmac47.

Harry and Muckles are bang on the money :sunglasses:
What we have seen so far, is the thin end of the wedge…A practice run for total meltdown.
They can only fend off the brown stuff for a certain period of time…The chickens are coming home to roost and it aint gonna be pretty.
We have a unique mix in this country and the US at the moment, both socially and enconomically.
In the past, financial meltdown and social unease has been brought back into line via Wars…I am not so sure that it will work this time, as no one trusts the state at this time (Which is not entirely new, but the levels of distrust are unprecedented at this time).

So what are we left with?

Much of the social unrest in the EU and especially the trials of the bankers in Iceland, have gone largly unreported in this country, as has the volatile state of Israel and Iran, in this country we have been fed Jimmy Savile and Syria :unamused:

The Government of this country, along with the media, have been trying to keep a cap on things that are important, as though they are preparing us for something else.

As soon as the banks raise the interest rates, as already mentioned here, the schite will really hit the fan, it will be meltdown, socially and economically…As many have little to lose, we will see massive social unrest, as the UK public already feel as though they have been sold down the river and have yet to see any justice meted out to the bankers :imp:

I started my prep in 2008…It consists of guns, large dogs and a remote living location with lots of water…I do hope that I am completely wrong, but so far, it is on course :frowning:

Geezus, I thought I was alone in the doom and gloom theory, however I discovered a good friend of mine has been building an underground shelter and stocked it with food and weapons recently, and you know, I admire him for the ability to be able to do that, I just can’t, but maybe I would if I could, better ready than not type of attitude eh.

Phantom Mark:
Geezus, I thought I was alone in the doom and gloom theory, however I discovered a good friend of mine has been building an underground shelter and stocked it with food and weapons recently, and you know, I admire him for the ability to be able to do that, I just can’t, but maybe I would if I could, better ready than not type of attitude eh.

When you start to see speed cameras knocked out with RPG`s…You will have some time… :laughing:
But you better have a plan.
I see the one in Anwick has been torched again :laughing:

yer, I saw that the other day, wonder why tho, that actually protects a village rather than just revenue collection ? I can think of plenty of others which would could easily be removed without a problem !

I think alot of the blame lies with the greedy unions and there members for the state of our country, they have driven out a large chunk of the manufacturing industry from here!
When I started out as a driver on containers 22 years ago, did a few jobs picking up cotton mill machinery being stripped out for export to India, earlier this year was sent to a south wales steel works which was being stripped out to export the machinery to israel.
Just about everything we have had as a country has been sold out to foriegn ownership(how the hell does a poor country like spain manage to buy uk industries??)
Our biggest export now, Is our waste, my god how bad are things when the only thing we can find to sell abroad is waste paper, cardboard and scrap metal, what can we sell when we run out of those thing■■?

att:
Harry and Muckles are bang on the money :sunglasses:
What we have seen so far, is the thin end of the wedge…A practice run for total meltdown.
They can only fend off the brown stuff for a certain period of time…The chickens are coming home to roost and it aint gonna be pretty.
We have a unique mix in this country and the US at the moment, both socially and enconomically.
In the past, financial meltdown and social unease has been brought back into line via Wars…I am not so sure that it will work this time, as no one trusts the state at this time (Which is not entirely new, but the levels of distrust are unprecedented at this time).

So what are we left with?

Much of the social unrest in the EU and especially the trials of the bankers in Iceland, have gone largly unreported in this country, as has the volatile state of Israel and Iran, in this country we have been fed Jimmy Savile and Syria :unamused:

The Government of this country, along with the media, have been trying to keep a cap on things that are important, as though they are preparing us for something else.

As soon as the banks raise the interest rates, as already mentioned here, the schite will really hit the fan, it will be meltdown, socially and economically…As many have little to lose, we will see massive social unrest, as the UK public already feel as though they have been sold down the river and have yet to see any justice meted out to the bankers :imp:

I started my prep in 2008…It consists of guns, large dogs and a remote living location with lots of water…I do hope that I am completely wrong, but so far, it is on course :frowning:

kinda agree with what your saying, but you have at least another 4 years of money printing with the fed’s before we need to worry about that.

I think another potentially worrying fact is that they admit Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece are all screwed, as good as bankrupt, what they fail to admit however is that pretty much everyone in Europe save for a very small minority (not including the UK) is also Bankrupt, it is like they are announcing the doom in stages so it doesn’t cause civil unrest because they know if they announced the hard truth there would be anarchy all over europe which would spiral completely out of control, this country is Bankrupt, no doubt about it whatsoever, they just wont admit it just yet.

I know wee are feeling it the now .7 week’s before xmas it should be heaving but it isnt happening SO FAR (cash n carry) hope it start’s quick because in january its alwasy crap for us and to make matters worse. We have a time n motion guy coming in ! :imp:

aaronr…you’re just worried that you’ll have to go back into foodservice!!we dont really have a quiet period…

kevmac47:
I sold my motor at the end of February, I had worked on containers full time since 2000,my final six years as a dedicated haulier for OOCL. Myself, and many others on this contract had been struggling with a downturn in work over the last three years. The final straw was being told by one of the traffic office donkeys, (after being conned into a hurry up shipcatcher job to Liverpool), sorry we have no work for you for six weeks!!! So I’m not suprised to hear it’s still quiet workwise. It just makes my decision to cease trading seem to be a good move. Regards Kevmac47.

Did you have a Scania, I think we’ve met a couple of times up at Wards or that other place down the road - used to take 2x20’ up there, have 1 stored, 1 moved to middle, then go round to the other place, load the 20’, down to F/liner in Leeds to drop it and then back up for the other.

My mate Morris (uncle fester) mentioned that the chap we used to chat to up there - he called him the big geordie lad with the Scania - had flogged up and gone working for someone else, I think he said Goldstar?