Dead cow on A9 around 01:30 this mornjng

Well done to the op for taking the necessary action that he did though. He deserves a pat on the back. The outcome could have been udderley different. Dairy me. It doesn’t bear thinking about.

All together now…

“Fresian jolly good fellow…”

I’ll get my coat.

Ken.

Radar19:

xichrisxi:
One of our lads hit 2 deer a few years ago they shot out in front of him no way to avoid them,made a right mess of the unit.

Hit a Muntjac doing 50 on the A15 on the way to work at 4am. Least I think it was a Muntjac.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muntjac

The present-day species are native to South Asia and can be found in India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, the Indonesian islands, Taiwan and Southern China. They are also found in the lower Himalayas (Terai regions of Nepal and Bhutan) and in some areas of Japan (the Boso Peninsula and Ōshima Island).

Immigrants…

chaversdad:
Cows are a hell of a weight, i remember seeing an F10 hit one on the A19 years ago , the truck looked like it had a head on with another truck and the cow just looked dead

not just trucks they make a mess of this is very sobering reading railwaysarchive.co.uk/docsum … ?docID=270

Liking the Johnny Cash :smiley:

I must be an old 34 year old because my favourite show of the week on the radio is increasingly becoming Bob Harris country, can’t beat a bit of Country and Americana, I think I was born on the wrong continent.

Radar19:
The country music isn’t helping :wink:

shouldn’t that be mooosic

Hammy747:

teatime:
Poor drills there,
Up our way thats a decent bit of roadkill, back up and get it on the tailift and hung from the centre beam :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
think of it as a public service clearing the road

Isn’t there some ancient law that says you can’t take roadkill if you hit it but the next person to find it can?

Missed my chance for a few free steaks!

in scotland yes.

Therefore go out in two vehicles. When cooking roadkill venison lower the cooking times and temps otherwise the meat will be dry and tough. Don’t know why but thar ya go ! think it’s something to do with trauma or such like or so I was told.

Hammy747:
YouTube link! youtu.be/mlgmyKbZg-I

What sort of YouTube channel is that. It’s all sensible bloody driving. No tailgating, swearing, swerving, horn blasting or road rage to be seen on ANY of your videos! You’ll NEVER be an internet sensation displaying sensible driving like that! :grimacing:

Captain Caveman 76:

Hammy747:

What sort of YouTube channel is that. It’s all sensible bloody driving. No tailgating, swearing, swerving…

Swerved round that dead cow though. He should’ve smashed it and given Highways something to clean up in the morning. :laughing:

Contraflow:

Captain Caveman 76:

Hammy747:

What sort of YouTube channel is that. It’s all sensible bloody driving. No tailgating, swearing, swerving…

Swerved round that dead cow though. He should’ve smashed it and given Highways something to clean up in the morning. :laughing:

They’d have to have a risk assessment first, then a team meeting to discuss the risk assessment before allocating a work crew who stand leaning on their mops whilst inquiring if the risk assessment covered the possibility of rabies from foxes/rats/crows who are eating the carcass. Then one guy will clean up whilst three others “supervise” before another meeting to discuss whether the road needs resurfacing. Good god, the road could have been closed for days!

Hammy747:
Went past the artic and assumed poor driver had hit it.

Perhaps it fell off the back of the lorry?

That would be an udder way to look at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Captain Caveman 76:

Hammy747:

What sort of YouTube channel is that. It’s all sensible bloody driving. No tailgating, swearing, swerving, horn blasting or road rage to be seen on ANY of your videos! You’ll NEVER be an internet sensation displaying sensible driving like that! :grimacing:

There’s another trucker on YouTube who does all that :laughing:

Captain Caveman 76:

Contraflow:

Captain Caveman 76:

Hammy747:

They’d have to have a risk assessment first, then a team meeting to discuss the risk assessment before allocating a work crew who stand leaning on their mops whilst inquiring if the risk assessment covered the possibility of rabies from foxes/rats/crows who are eating the carcass. Then one guy will clean up whilst three others “supervise” before another meeting to discuss whether the road needs resurfacing. Good god, the road could have been closed for days!

Don’t forget closing the road for Daisy the cows funeral and candlelight vigil!

Cool story bro. Thanks for sharing

This was posted in a Facebook group I’m a member of yesterday, would imagine it’s the same truck?

Mark95:
This was posted in a Facebook group I’m a member of yesterday, would imagine it’s the same truck?

Very possibly although I was headed towards Dundee from Glasgow so not southbound.