De-frauding the company of money

I went in at 11 am and was given my run,it was 2 hr 10 mins,change trailers,then 2 hrs 10 mins back,my iso trac had me back at yard at 19.30( 8.5 hrs shift) but I arrived back at 16.15(5 hr 15 shift,)told that was it,no other work,t.o bod was very unhappy as he said by paying me up until 21.30 ( 10.5 hrs) it was defrauding the company as I’d only done 5 hrs work and they were paying me 10.5 hrs( 5 hrs for doing nothing),
I just said I’d done the work I was given,there was nothing else so I’d done nothing wrong,still not happy but signed me up.
Too me it’s there issue,they wanted us on there t & c,s,they’ve only provided me with 5 hrs work,so it’s ■■■■ organisation not fraud.
Now at home drinking beer,relaxing and being paid for it :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
N.b if anyone was cut up today by a flying d/d I do apologise :blush: :blush: :wink: :sunglasses:

I see nothing wrong with that, it sometimes happens to me.
Even today (6am start) I have a 2hr each way run to Trafford Park, ( now sat loading in T/park) and I should be back home by 11am & down the pub by 12. But I’ll only get 8hrs.

It works both ways. How many times have you gone out and been held up. If you went to work expecting a 8 hour shift and a delay is going to make it 10 - phone this TM up and tell him he got you to work under false pretences so you’re going to bring the truck back and he can arrange for someone else to do the extra hours.
In all seriousness it’s swings and roundabouts. If that’s his attitude he’ll soon run out of people willing to help him.

dozy:
I went in at 11 am and was given my run,it was 2 hr 10 mins,change trailers,then 2 hrs 10 mins back,my iso trac had me back at yard at 19.30( 8.5 hrs shift) but I arrived back at 16.15(5 hr 15 shift,)told that was it,no other work,t.o bod was very unhappy as he said by paying me up until 21.30 ( 10.5 hrs) it was defrauding the company as I’d only done 5 hrs work and they were paying me 10.5 hrs( 5 hrs for doing nothing),
I just said I’d done the work I was given,there was nothing else so I’d done nothing wrong,still not happy but signed me up.
Too me it’s there issue,they wanted us on there t & c,s,they’ve only provided me with 5 hrs work,so it’s [zb] organisation not fraud.
Now at home drinking beer,relaxing and being paid for it :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
N.b if anyone was cut up today by a flying d/d I do apologise :blush: :blush: :wink: :sunglasses:

The transport office bod is a ■■■■, it’s as simple as that :wink:

I’ve been paid 8 hours for hanging around 20 minutes in the past, how is it the drivers fault that the company have failed, or have been unable, to organise the work correctly, in your case the only fraud that going on is the idiot traffic office bod claiming a full wage when he’s only using a ¼ of his brain :unamused:

The problem with doing the job too quick is that the company will, eventually, shift the goal posts, and you’ll end up with another run or something else tacked on to the day.

Then when you try to hang the job out to prove it can’t be done in the time suggested, they will produce months of evidence to prove a mean average job time.

Better off to set your stall out and from day 1 and work at a steady pace, having proper breaks etc that you can keep to for ever, belting around you only make a rod for your own back.

Is it agency or a co?
If they allow you 11 hours to do the job and you do it in 5 fair play, home and out for a pint :sunglasses:
The thing is the firm could look at this and say “Hang on why are we paying drivers 11 hours to do this job when this guy can do it in 5, this needs sorted”
Then next week another driver gets his notes and finds himself having to tear arse on the limiter, in heavier traffic than you experienced last week, and stress out on the drops in bigger queues than last week to get job done in 5.
In the meantime the TM gets a pat on the back for saving money and the MD orders that new Jag he was not able to afford until now :bulb:

I’m not being funny bud just looking at it from a different perspective, but some may say this was a case of Carving Up the job. :bulb:
I’ve done this ■■■■ for a while now and seen it time and time again with drivers that only look at things short term, I remember in the 80s when a guy I knew who was 6foot6, built like John Wayne’s personal trainer, had a bloody good job, plenty time to do it well paid and the firm on a good rate for it…everybody happy…Then a little guy came in on 3 weeks holiday relief and totally ■■■■■■ it up into oblivion.
Anyway big lad gets to know, finds him in the yard, picks him up and FORCES him head first into a bin with some dodgy unsavoury stuff in there, with only his feet and ankles sticking out, having to be helped out by two spectators…True story!

Juddian and Robroy are totally right and are usually correct in everthing.
In your last sentence “a flying d/d” says that you were speeding. No wonder that the traffic clerk was annoyed, he now has to justify you going home after half a shift. As you have shaved off 3h15m off a trunk run, there could be another trailer going to the same place and he will be under the impression that you have had your break when you are back in at 1615, so he could send you on that second run. After all, it is only 2h10m there and the same coming back, completed in 5h15m therefore a second run will take the same, a total of 10h30m duty time and 8h40m driving without any delays.
Now this is how I would do the run:
1100-1145 Report in to work, keys, paperwork, checks, quick coffee and off.
1145-1445 Drive to destination, all at legal speed limit. 3 hours.
1445-1515 Arrive at destination, shunt trailer onto the bay, change trailer and checks.
1515-1615 Break.
1615-1915 Return to base, again at legal speed limit. 3 hours.
1915-1930 Trailer onto bay, drop, quick coffee and into office.
Now I can’t do a second run as I have used 6 hours driving so I could do an hour shunting in the yard or get off home.

beanie:
Juddian and Robroy are totally right and are usually correct in everthing.
In your last sentence “a flying d/d” says that you were speeding. No wonder that the traffic clerk was annoyed, he now has to justify you going home after half a shift. As you have shaved off 3h15m off a trunk run, there could be another trailer going to the same place and he will be under the impression that you have had your break when you are back in at 1615, so he could send you on that second run. After all, it is only 2h10m there and the same coming back, completed in 5h15m therefore a second run will take the same, a total of 10h30m duty time and 8h40m driving without any delays.
Now this is how I would do the run:
1100-1145 Report in to work, keys, paperwork, checks, quick coffee and off.
1145-1445 Drive to destination, all at legal speed limit. 3 hours.
1445-1515 Arrive at destination, shunt trailer onto the bay, change trailer and checks.
1515-1615 Break.
1615-1915 Return to base, again at legal speed limit. 3 hours.
1915-1930 Trailer onto bay, drop, quick coffee and into office.
Now I can’t do a second run as I have used 6 hours driving so I could do an hour shunting in the yard or get off home.

Juddian:
The problem with doing the job too quick is that the company will, eventually, shift the goal posts, and you’ll end up with another run or something else tacked on to the day.

Then when you try to hang the job out to prove it can’t be done in the time suggested, they will produce months of evidence to prove a mean average job time.

Better off to set your stall out and from day 1 and work at a steady pace, having proper breaks etc that you can keep to for ever, belting around you only make a rod for your own back.

Hallelujah! :laughing:
I’ve tried to explain this to a couple of our drivers but they don’t get it.

Cut the job up & you end up De-frauding yourself (hours) I’d do the same as Beanie, stick to the speed limits & take the proper breaks= loads less stress & you don’t end up doing a second run, with the chance of the office expecting everybody to do it in 4 hours every time.

We’ve just had a ret day taken away from the rota due to not reaching contracted hours, it didn’t help that certain drivers wouldn’t listen and kept on powering on doing a 8.5 hr job in 7hrs . no company is gonna pay the equivalent to 30days a year for sitting at home :unamused: so now we all pay for it.
and to top it the one on our shift is trying to do it quicker to claw back that time :imp:

what a silly bunt in the t/o Fraud is an act of dishonest, that was just a case of crap planning if there was no further work for you, but if you are that worried then just hang the job out to match the isotrac.

Maybe it’s a job & knock situation. If I get paid 8 hours and finish in 5, tough!

Could never understand why guys that get paid by the hour would want to race around like mad things all day?? They are the red faced morons with their foot on the limiter all day getting stressed out, trying to rush everyone else on the road along and for what?? Less money in their pockets, ill health and a prematurely knackered truck they have to keep driving around in. :confused:

Before someone steps in and tells me they are personally terrified of the ten stone runt in the transport office, just remember you can always get another job, but you only have one driving license… :unamused:

LIBERTY_GUY:
Could never understand why guys that get paid by the hour would want to race around like mad things all day?? They are the red faced morons with their foot on the limiter all day getting stressed out, trying to rush everyone else on the road along and for what?? Less money in their pockets, ill health and a prematurely knackered truck they have to keep driving around in. :confused:

Before someone steps in and tells me they are personally terrified of the ten stone runt in the transport office, just remember you can always get another job, but you only have one driving license… :unamused:

Because a very high percentage of drivers are very very stupid, and stupid is as stupid does.