De-breif question

Have you downloaded your card■■? HUH?? Lol

Like when you finished your shift your card downloads in the removing process right?

No, your employer needs to upload the information on your card. We do ours daily in a little machine by the clocking out machine. So he can analyse the data on your card to see if you’ve been a good boy.

mick.mh2racing:
No, your employer needs to upload the information on your card. We do ours daily in a little machine by the clocking out machine. So he can analyse the data on your card to see if you’ve been a good boy.

What mick doesn’t make totally clear, is this doesn’t NEED doing daily, but it is at his firm(and many others) it NEEDS to be downloaded I believe within every 28 days if memory serves(I stand to be corrected). But your job as a driver is to make your card available or download in this time, it’s your employer who has the responsibility to make sure it is done.

As a new driver though who is unsure of what they are doing I’d be keeping a close eye on the infringement reports generated by your downloads :wink: so it’s in your interest for it to be done often!

You also what to have it done regularly as 10 lashes with a ratchet strap per infringement hurts, so you don’t want multiple lots in one go!

Your office should tell you when to download your card. Our rigids have little radio transmitters that will actually talk to the office PC so we don’t need to actually have our cards manually downloaded. As soon as I roll into the yard, its already uploaded the days information.

I download mine weekly or I won’t be paid right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask the office bods where the card reader is so you can download the driver card.

You have to put your driver card in a card reader that’s usually connected to a computer, the card data is then downloaded onto the computer.

Oops i have been saying yes i have…

Oops oops opps lol… better start doing it then lol

One of the managers will have a little usb dongle they plug into the tachograph so they also get the information from the vehicle as well. At my place they do it daily during the night with every truck.

adam277:
One of the managers will have a little usb dongle they plug into the tachograph so they also get the information from the vehicle as well. At my place they do it daily during the night with every truck.

That is true, but it is no skin off the drivers nose if that is not done regularly enough…

Thanks guys… done my first download on Friday :slight_smile: 1 infragment from 2 weeks… went over drivetime by 3mins in traffic not far from depot. Lol