dd on licence

gavisaac:
I think I should ring tomorrow and say I didn’t realise I still had it on there . I thought it was gone after 5 years . Better to be upfront with it as they will find out on tuesday any way

I guess you don’t have a paper counterpart, in which case you don’t have a physical reminder of the conviction like it used to be on the paper counterparts. Use that as an excuse :grimacing:

Driver-Once-More:

nick2008:

Driver-Once-More:

nick2008:
A job in Bristol said " any record of DD not accepted " out of interest would a DD show on a CRB check?

I would say yes as it’s a criminal conviction.

If that right I can see that question being asked more often rather than taking what’s on the licence.

My last company insisted on a CRB check before being employed (they paid for it).

It will only show on a crb check for five years then it’s seen as a spent conviction like any non custodial criminal offence.

kr79:
Try skip and tipper firms they pay high premiums as it’d seen as a high risk industry and there insurance is often a lot more flexible on convictions young drives etc

Wouldn’t have got a job on my skip company I’m afraid. Even they have reputations to maintain.

kr79:

shep532:
I may be wrong but … Humour me.

Go to the DVLA online system, login with your licence number, national insurance number and post code gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Click on share my licence and then ‘generate a code’ (or whatever wording it uses). This will generate a PDF of your licence details. If you are lucky your DD won’t show.

Make a note of the unique number generated, log out then log in to the employers bit of the DVLA system using the code and last 8 characters of your licence number. gov.uk/check-driving-information

I tried this with someone who had a DR code older than 5 ye
ars - it didn’t show. Something to do with the rehabilitation of offenders and data protection act for online data.

Of course I may be wrong, but if I’m right it means your employers will not see the DD unless they use some kind of paid licence checking system or speak to the DVLA direct

I’ve just done this and when I check using my ni number it shows an expired Dr as it was between 10 and 11 years back but when I check with a code comes back with nothing.

As I thought then. :wink:

Most employers will ask for that unique code and so won’t see the conviction, and if they only ask you to declare what happened in the last 5 years - as most do - then no problem.

Of course some may do CRB checks

If you were just a nadgers over the limit and you’ve been squeaky ever since you may have a chance but if you were completely trashed unlikely.

However, in Belgium it might be different. On a local bypass a few years ago a Volvo artic tanker driver drove straight into the back of a tractor killing the driver in the process. Volvo man promptly does a runner and is arrested at a nearby railway station. His fridge was full of high strength lager (and indeed in court he said he was distracted from driving by opening one of same). The accident happened mid-morning, he was twice the limit and plod reckoned he was unfit to drive when he set off at 5 am. 150 miles away.

The unit was less than a year old top of the range pulling a stainless steel tanker.

Some idiot thought it was a good idea to employ this individual and hand him the keys to a very expensive piece of kit even though he had TWO priors for DR.

Beggars belief. He did time in the big house but a family lost a grandad hubby etc.

Socketset:
If you were just a nadgers over the limit and you’ve been squeaky ever since you may have a chance but if you were completely trashed unlikely.

OP cannot prove or disprove that; the only clue for a prospective employer would be size of fine and length of ban and even then it can vary from court to court.

I do agree though, as I said above, that if his licence has been clean ever since then that is a bonus.

some companies must just hire anybody
“had a string of convictions including three for drink-driving and 20 for driving while disqualified – hit Catriona Patel as he accelerated away from traffic lights”
and someone still gave him the keys to an eight legger
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … phone.html

Using the share my licence facility you will be fine and your licence is clean (for the purposes of employment)

Using the check your own licence facility your offence code will still sit their in all it’s glory.

Can you guess which facility employers are using to check licences bearing in mind they already have the information at hand to access your licence details? As long as you can access the information with NI & Licence number, you may find employer’s ‘find out’ your history.

Of course, if they mentioned it to you and you had not previously declared they have just broken the data protection act and possibly the rehabilitation of offenders act if they act upon the information and discriminate against you.

Btw to the poster who said if you contact dvla direct they disclose spent convictions to the caller, no they don’t.

Socketset:

However, in Belgium it might be different. On a local bypass a few years ago a Volvo artic tanker driver drove straight into the back of a tractor killing the driver in the process. Volvo man promptly does a runner and is arrested at a nearby railway station. His fridge was full of high strength lager (and indeed in court he said he was distracted from driving by opening one of same). The accident happened mid-morning, he was twice the limit and plod reckoned he was unfit to drive when he set off at 5 am. 150 miles away.

The unit was less than a year old top of the range pulling a stainless steel tanker.

Some idiot thought it was a good idea to employ this individual and hand him the keys to a very expensive piece of kit even though he had TWO priors for DR.

Beggars belief. He did time in the big house but a family lost a grandad hubby etc.

Are you sure that was Belgium ?, it was on the Puddletown bypass and the tractor driver lived in Bere Regis , the truck driver was arrested at Dorchester railway station.

Just Googled it to make sure and yes the Volvo was Belgian. Light blue with white stripes Slock on cab.